Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Quote for extended warranty for 2015 A6 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Which company? Most of these warranties run from the "service date", i.e. When the car was originally put into service. I am not trying to give you a hard time. I put 140,000 miles on my current Audi and have just ordered a new one. I would love to find a warranty company that adds 100k miles onto the original 50,000 mile warranty.
Ok there seems to be a lot of confusion here, so let me explain what I have researched and done.

- You can buy the Audi Pure Protection extended warranty if there is more than 1 year before your factory warranty will expire. This means that if you buy it with the new car it better be super cheap, or otherwise makes no sense. Best to do what I did, keep the car for 3 years and decide if it's a keeper.
- You select coverage from Powertrain up to Platinum - which is an exclusionary warranty which covers everything except named items, mostly related to wear and tear.
- My contract has a "Service Contract Purchase Date" of 6/17/2014, and a "Current Odometer Reading" of 17,154. I had to sign certification and send in photo proof of my mileage. The front of the contract shows it is an official Audi warranty, serviced and administrated by Fidelity Warranty Services.
- The fine print says: Coverage under this Service Contract begins on the "Service Contract Purchase Date" and "Current Odometer Reading" shown on the front of this Service Contract. So I am covered for 6 years and 60k miles starting from the above info, which would be 6/17/2020 or 77k miles, whichever comes first. Note that the first year will still be covered by the factory warranty.
- My dealer confirmed that they have no problems using this warranty (it's the same one they sell).

I mostly got it because I plan to keep the car for 5+ years, and I'm mostly worried about cost of repairing the Nav/electrical systems which have given me some trouble already. For me, it's worth it for the peace of mind.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

This link provides an interesting read, particularly those posts relating to years and mileage terms of the warranty contract on a used car.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_...ty.html?page=3

There are plenty of reviews online (Google "Fidelity warranty complaints").
While not everyone's experience will be negative, there are enough data points to engender serious consideration before purchasing.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This link provides an interesting read, particularly those posts relating to years and mileage terms of the warranty contract on a used car.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto_...ty.html?page=3

There are plenty of reviews online (Google "Fidelity warranty complaints").
While not everyone's experience will be negative, there are enough data points to engender serious consideration before purchasing.
The service department at my local Audi dealer warned me to stay away from Fidelity.