Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Raising Windows via remote with OBDEleven?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Raising Windows via remote with OBDEleven?

Very cool that I can now lower all of my A6's windows at once with the remote control now that I selected and paid for that option with OBDEleven Pro. However, I did the same thing for my Q5, and the remote can now both lower AND raise the windows. For my A6, if can only lower them. Are others finding the same thing, or did I do something wrong? I went into the MMI's settings to ensure the new option was checked off by the way.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue
Very cool that I can now lower all of my A6's windows at once with the remote control now that I selected and paid for that option with OBDEleven Pro. However, I did the same thing for my Q5, and the remote can now both lower AND raise the windows. For my A6, if can only lower them. Are others finding the same thing, or did I do something wrong? I went into the MMI's settings to ensure the new option was checked off by the way.
You should be able to? Mine work but I did do it with the VCDS software so your mileage may vary. Here's what I got:

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
This will allow/enables remote closing of the windows and sunroof by holding the Lock button on the remote control. In addition, it adds an menu item in the MMI to optionally allow opening the front windows/rear windows/sunroof by holding the Unlock button on the remote.
    • [46 - Cent. Conv.] -> [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 2-> Bit 2
    • Check "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active" box.
    • Save
Windows and Sunroof will now close with long button press of Lock button on remote.
To Open Front Windows and/or Rear Windows and/or Sunroof with long press of Unlock button on remote:
    • Reboot MMI to make sure the menu item appears (press Menu, Big ****, and Top Right Soft Button simultaneously)
    • Use the New MMI Menu to Change MMI Settings to allow remote down
    • MMI: [Menu]->[Car]->[Car Systems]->[Vehicle Settings]->[Central Locking]->[Long press to open windows] -> Set Front Windows, Rear Windows, Roof to “On”
Good Luck!!!
The following users liked this post:
OutietoInnietoAudi (11-02-2021)
Old 03-20-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
You should be able to? Mine work but I did do it with the VCDS software so your mileage may vary. Here's what I got:

Operating Windows and Sunroof with Remote
This will allow/enables remote closing of the windows and sunroof by holding the Lock button on the remote control. In addition, it adds an menu item in the MMI to optionally allow opening the front windows/rear windows/sunroof by holding the Unlock button on the remote.
    • [46 - Cent. Conv.] -> [Coding - 07] -> [Long Coding Helper] -> Byte 2-> Bit 2
    • Check "Comfort Operation: Remote Control active" box.
    • Save
Windows and Sunroof will now close with long button press of Lock button on remote.
To Open Front Windows and/or Rear Windows and/or Sunroof with long press of Unlock button on remote:
    • Reboot MMI to make sure the menu item appears (press Menu, Big ****, and Top Right Soft Button simultaneously)
    • Use the New MMI Menu to Change MMI Settings to allow remote down
    • MMI: [Menu]->[Car]->[Car Systems]->[Vehicle Settings]->[Central Locking]->[Long press to open windows] -> Set Front Windows, Rear Windows, Roof to “On”
Good Luck!!!
I have a feeling that there's some difference in the coding then between what the VCDS tool does, and what OBDEleven Pro does. Maybe a shortfall of OBDEleven.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the windows on my 2012 A6 to both open and close via the key fob with OBDEleven, so it is possible. I don't have my car with me right now (in the middle of a cross country move), so I can't look at my settings, but I basically did what DanfZX14 said and it worked.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ursur
I've got the windows on my 2012 A6 to both open and close via the key fob with OBDEleven, so it is possible. I don't have my car with me right now (in the middle of a cross country move), so I can't look at my settings, but I basically did what DanfZX14 said and it worked.
I have also programmed my windows to go up and down with the key fob with OBDeleven. Hold unlock to have all windows go down and sunroof vent. Hold lock to have all windows go up and sunroof close.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Last night I did a bunch a customization with the app Carista. I was able to go in and turn on the windows up with remote. I also to fool my friends into thinking I got an RS6 by changing the display screen at startup lol.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rjgardere12
I have also programmed my windows to go up and down with the key fob with OBDeleven. Hold unlock to have all windows go down and sunroof vent. Hold lock to have all windows go up and sunroof close.
That's really weird that my key fob can remotely put down all windows (and sunroof), but can't close them. Was it the same app in OBDEleven that you used to turn on both functions? or a different app for each (up/down)? If the latter, I wonder what went wrong with mine..
Old 04-04-2019, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That's really weird that my key fob can remotely put down all windows (and sunroof), but can't close them. Was it the same app in OBDEleven that you used to turn on both functions? or a different app for each (up/down)? If the latter, I wonder what went wrong with mine..
Just did mine with OBDEleven yesterday through the Long Coding options. Works similar like VCDS just a different interface.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine is the same way.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just the single app within OBDEleven programmed both functions. Then I went into the MMI to activate the new settings.

Quick Reply: Raising Windows via remote with OBDEleven?