Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Raising Windows via remote with OBDEleven?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rjgardere12
Just the single app within OBDEleven programmed both functions. Then I went into the MMI to activate the new settings.
The only setting I see to enable is the "Lower Windows with Long Press" setting. And then I can check off for the same for the sunroof. There is no similar one to enable to raise the windows with the remote. Maybe it's different on the C7 cars, as I have a C7.5 and it looks like you have a 14' (C7). And the poster just before you said he had the same experience as I and he has a C7.5 as well.

Last edited by Moonlightblue; 04-08-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue
The only setting I see to enable is the "Lower Windows with Long Press" setting. And then I can check off for the same for the sunroof.
Are you referring to settings you see in the MMI or the OBDEleven App? I will try to look at mine tonight and take some pictures/screenshots.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are you referring to settings you see in the MMI or the OBDEleven App? I will try to look at mine tonight and take some pictures/screenshots.
referring to the settings I see in the MMI. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Again, same here. On our cars, I am wondering if it is not an adaption that we need to set for it to show on the MMI in addition to the coding that we did.

Last edited by gguy; 04-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here are my MMI settings for the windows. It only shows "Long press to open windows" but it does do both open and close. I tried it after I took these photos just to make sure I wasn't crazy!

Old 04-16-2019, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the Carista app as well. However I can only make the driver's side window go down. The long press lock can make all the windows and sun roof close. Did you do something different in the app?
Thanks,
Old 04-17-2019, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here are my MMI settings for the windows. It only shows "Long press to open windows" but it does do both open and close. I tried it after I took these photos just to make sure I wasn't crazy!

Regarding the coding with OBDEleven Pro, are you using long press of unlock button on remote to open all the windows, and long press of lock button on remote to close all windows? (my issue is that I can't close them with long press of lock button.) My guess is that your'e able to do both because you have a pre-face lift model. I bet us post-facelifters can't raise windows with the remote if we used the OBDEleven app.

Last edited by Moonlightblue; 04-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Regarding the coding with OBDEleven Pro, are you using long press of unlock button on remote to open all the windows, and long press of lock button on remote to close all windows? (my issue is that I can't close them with long press of lock button.) My guess is that your'e able to do both because you have a pre-face lift model. I bet us post-facelifters can't raise windows with the remote if we used the OBDEleven app.
Yep, that is the app that I used with OBDEleven and the functions I use with the key fob. That sucks that it won't do both for the facelift models! At least it does the more useful of the two, opening all the windows. That's what I would choose between the two anyway!
Old 10-24-2021, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obdeleven remote window

Originally Posted by HeCareth M. Wosu
Just did mine with OBDEleven yesterday through the Long Coding options. Works similar like VCDS just a different interface.
What is the security access code?