Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Remote Key Seat Memory Is Greyed Out In MMI

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote Key Seat Memory Is Greyed Out In MMI

Hi Guys...

Has this happened to you? The driver seat doesn't automatically adjust based on which key is used to open the car. When I go in the Car menu in MMI under settings, the driver seat remote key memory option is greyed out and actually says "off".

P+ C7 2.0t
???????
Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jatmobil
Hi Guys...

Has this happened to you? The driver seat doesn't automatically adjust based on which key is used to open the car. When I go in the Car menu in MMI under settings, the driver seat remote key memory option is greyed out and actually says "off".

P+ C7 2.0t
???????
The memory button on the drivers door is set to the off position, just turn it back on, should solve your problem
Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Stevial
The memory button on the driver’s door is set to the off position, just turn it back on, should solve your problem
Thanks for the reply Stevial but it wasn't that.
Actually I should have mentioned in my original post, that that was one of the first things I checked. Also, I went through several MMI resets, followed by power cycles, which didn't help either.

It turned out to be that in the engineering menu (green menu), the seat memory function was somehow unchecked and moved to menu #1 instead of #5. Changed it back 5 and checked it off again in the car device list, and it back in working shape.

Lesson learned: Be careful when trying to modify the green menu to make other options work. ( I was trying to get the battery gauge working) and must have inadvertently messed up the seat memory function although I can swear I don't remember touching any of other options other than the batter level gauge. I did try to add the battery level gauge to menu #5 of the MMI and it must have replaced the remote seat memory option with that.