Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats

I swear, each time I buy a new Audi the included mats get cheesier and thinner. Pretty soon, OEM mats will be as paper thin as my t-shirt and about as durable. My A6 has less than 4K miles and the OEM carpeted mats are already looking like crap.

I got a set of the OEM rubber winter mats which I'll be putting on soon for the season but will want a set of quality carpeted replacement mats for next spring. My requirements will be they have the Audi fastener holes. black, are form fitting like the OEM's and finally, they have to be more durable.

Any suggestions from those who have already done this upgrade?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I swear, each time I buy a new Audi the included mats get cheesier and thinner. Pretty soon, OEM mats will be as paper thin as my t-shirt and about as durable. My A6 has less than 4K miles and the OEM carpeted mats are already looking like crap.

I got a set of the OEM rubber winter mats which I'll be putting on soon for the season but will want a set of quality carpeted replacement mats for next spring. My requirements will be they have the Audi fastener holes. black, are form fitting like the OEM's and finally, they have to be more durable.

I'd say if they are in bad enough shape, try to get them replaced by Audi under warranty.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven

Ordered my A6 with the optional textile floor mats ($150 from the dealer) and they're great. Much thicker than the standard mats and and look great with the A6 logo.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin A6 3.2
I'd say if they are in bad enough shape, try to get them replaced by Audi under warranty.
... with another set of cheesy four thousand mile mats.

I remember another thread about someone that got mats with "A6" embroidered on them. IIRC they were on the cheesy side too.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I replaced OEM mats with these, sans logo:

http://www.carid.com/custom-floor-ma...ts-161195.html

Given I'm leasing, I kept the OEM mats and will swap back upon turn-in; carrying over the "good" plush mats to the next car.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

I've got the Lloyd mats in my car and they're fairly good. I've been using them for a number of years. It's harder and harder to find logo mats if that's what you're after. Dealer/mfr seems to be the only source I've seen recently.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get Weathertech Digital Fit Mats .. they are the best. That's what I have on my S5.

You spend $60K on a car, get the best $160 floor mat for it.

http://www.weathertech.com/
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ayap
Get Weathertech Digital Fit Mats .. they are the best. That's what I have on my S5.

You spend $60K on a car, get the best $160 floor mat for it.

http://www.weathertech.com/
As I wrote, I already have a new set of all weather mats for the winter. Looking for a better set of carpeted mats for the other seasons.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
I replaced OEM mats with these, sans logo:

http://www.carid.com/custom-floor-ma...ts-161195.html
Are the Lloyd mats a custom fit and do they have the hold-down fasteners?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say that other than BMW, they all suck. I always get the rubber all weather mats, regardless of the season since they look sporty and don't get all torn up and dirty.

Quick Reply: Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats