Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
I have to say that other than BMW, they all suck. I always get the rubber all weather mats, regardless of the season since they look sporty and don't get all torn up and dirty.
+1. Same here
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Rubber mats are great for winter but look too utilitarian for me. The optional textile mats for the A6 (MSRP $150) seem just as nice as the ones in my BMW and Jag. Not too picky about floor mats as they are easy to replace.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ayap
Get Weathertech Digital Fit Mats .. they are the best. That's what I have on my S5.

You spend $60K on a car, get the best $160 floor mat for it.

http://www.weathertech.com/
2013 A6 is not an option in their drop down menu. I even contacted last week and they said it could be 4-6 months before they have something for the 2013's.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush2112
2013 A6 is not an option in their drop down menu. I even contacted last week and they said it could be 4-6 months before they have something for the 2013's.
2013s are the same as the 2012s...Audi has not changed the physical dimensions of the car
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
2013s are the same as the 2012s...Audi has not changed the physical dimensions of the car
Okay, so if that's the case why don't the list them in their drop down menu or tell me that when I talked to them last week?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, so if that's the case why don't the list them in their drop down menu or tell me that when I talked to them last week?
Not all companies are as good at designing their websites properly and most of the people you get on the initial connection are reading from a big book of answers.

Also, Audi's own All Weather Mats have not changed for the 2013 model year.

Are there any 2013 owners here who have purchased the WeatherTech floormats?

I am going to buy a set for my 2012, are there any 2013 owners in the LA area who are willing to see if the set I am buying fit in their car?

Also are there any owners with pics of either the WeatherTech or Audi All Weather mats in their cars?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Are the Lloyd mats a custom fit and do they have the hold-down fasteners?
Yes, the mats are custom cut per vehicle.

They do have a retention system but it's not the same design as the OE mat.

Don't overlook the Lloyd "Luxe" mat. it's their premium product with 48oz carpet. The Ultimat is 32oz.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The only mats Weathertech seems to have right now for the 2012/13 A6 are the "Digital Fit" series (pictured below) and while I'm sure they provide good slop coverage, these have way too much wall to wall rubber for me. I purchased the Audi OEM All Weather Mats which are similar in size and shape to the included carpet mats which I've had in the past on all my Audis and they work fine at protecting the carpet from winter mess - added bonus is they have A6 logo. (The top length of the Audi A/W fronts are a bit shorter than the carpet mats for some reason).

For the summer though, I want carpets back on. Based on some of the recommendations here, I'll prob try the Audi textile carpet mats. I like that they use the existing Audi fastener system and have the A6 logo.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2012, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Snagit,
Assume you now have your AW mats now. Are you happy with them? Figured I better a set soon, winter is arriving in CO.

I just ordered these today (thanks to the email with a code for 15% off). These are not as attractive as my neighbors OEM mats (the A6 is white on his, which looks fairly sharp for a A/W mat)

Im sure they will be functional, and I expect to be looking for nicer carpet mats in the spring too. The standard mats really are not impressive. I may try to get them replaced under warranty, then stash them for the distant day when I part with the A6 (a LONG time from now)
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Snagit,
Assume you now have your AW mats now. Are you happy with them? Figured I better a set soon, winter is arriving in CO.

I just ordered these today (thanks to the email with a code for 15% off). These are not as attractive as my neighbors OEM mats (the A6 is white on his, which looks fairly sharp for a A/W mat)

Im sure they will be functional, and I expect to be looking for nicer carpet mats in the spring too. The standard mats really are not impressive. I may try to get them replaced under warranty, then stash them for the distant day when I part with the A6 (a LONG time from now)
I've had the Audi OEM winter mats for all four of my Audis. They are very durable, flexible, always fit perfectly and are easy to clean. While I haven't put the mats in my A6 yet, I'm sure they will be just as good.

I kept my 2009 A4 mats when I traded the car in and will prob sell the set of four on eBay for $75 and get back half of my investment. After 4 winters, they still look like new. (I wish I had remembered as well to keep my A4 3.2 oil dipstick as it's the same one for the 3.0. Could have saved $30).

Quick Reply: Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats