Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I've had the Audi OEM winter mats for all four of my Audis. They are very durable, flexible, always fit perfectly and are easy to clean. While I haven't put the mats in my A6 yet, I'm sure they will be just as good.

I kept my 2009 A4 mats when I traded the car in and will prob sell the set of four on eBay for $75 and get back half of my investment. After 4 winters, they still look like new. (I wish I had remembered as well to keep my A4 3.2 oil dipstick as it's the same one for the 3.0. Could have saved $30).
What do the OEM all-weather mats cost? I'm planning on picking a set up when I go in for my 5k mile service in a month or so, and just haven't inquired at the dealer yet...
Old 10-25-2012, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer included them in the deal at no charge! I had the audi all season in my Q and they worked out well.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Nyuni
What do the OEM all-weather mats cost? I'm planning on picking a set up when I go in for my 5k mile service in a month or so, and just haven't inquired at the dealer yet...
Around $150 for a set of four. Sometimes a dealer will run a 10-15% off sale.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Around $150 for a set of four. Sometimes a dealer will run a 10-15% off sale.
That's about what I was figuring... Thanks.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

On the Audi website they are $145. Check your email, I received one that had a promo code for the website for 15% off. While there was no sales tax, the shipping ate up most of the discount, but got them for 143 and change delivered to my door.

PM me if you want more details...
Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mats

I just ordered a set of COCMATS. They are hand made and have many color options. Will post Update after I have had them for a while.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DKYC
Rubber mats are great for winter but look too utilitarian for me. The optional textile mats for the A6 (MSRP $150) seem just as nice as the ones in my BMW and Jag. Not too picky about floor mats as they are easy to replace.
+1 I have never understood the appeal of rubber mats as they remind me too much of riding in a pickup truck. If you clean your carpet mats each spring and fall with a garden hose, scrub brush, and some laundry detergent, they will look great (soaking them for a few hours in a trash can full of water or the bathtub before scrubbing them helps a lot). I have done this for many years even on cars with beige mats, and the mats look brand new even after years of use.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
+1 I have never understood the appeal of rubber mats as they remind me too much of riding in a pickup truck. If you clean your carpet mats each spring and fall with a garden hose, scrub brush, and some laundry detergent, they will look great (soaking them for a few hours in a trash can full of water or the bathtub before scrubbing them helps a lot). I have done this for many years even on cars with beige mats, and the mats look brand new even after years of use.
That had been my opinion for a long time too - but have to say that my '97 A4 (Ecru interior) got to look pretty ratty during the winter, especially after a few trips to Winter Park where the sand/mud/snow/slush got tracked in from the parking lots. Not just the mats either - the stuff would run off into the carpet, which is a bit harder to clean.

My neighbor's A6 has the rubber mats... cleaning is easy, and immediate - just hose em off, and they look fine again. So Im going to try a set this winter (as commented above, ordered from Audi site). In the spring I think Ill be in the market for a nice set of fabric mats to replace the included ones (which are not so impressive).

Will be interesting to see how I feel about the rubber ones after this winter. Ive never had them before... so its a trade off of ease of cleaning for appearance. Im pretty sure the first time I get back from a ski trip I will like them fine...
Old 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here in the northeast most people that I know have "mats for their mats" that is some protection of the oem carpeted mats. The chemicals and sand used here is crazy! I clean all my cars at least once a week and the winter can be hard on most cars. The chemicals and sand get dragged into the car and are contained in the mats.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Will be interesting to see how I feel about the rubber ones after this winter. Ive never had them before... so its a trade off of ease of cleaning for appearance. Im pretty sure the first time I get back from a ski trip I will like them fine...
After 10 minutes, other than when you take them out for cleaning, you won't even think about them. After all, how often do you look down at your feet when driving? And I have never had a guest in my car tell me "those rubber mats are really uncool; what is this, a pickup truck?".

The OEM winter mats are very unobtrusive unlike the current Weathertech A6 mats, which I feel are just too much. Even though they might provide better coverage than the OEMs, at some point I draw the line on how much rubber to throw down there. Same thing with my Xpel Ultimate film - some guys cover their entire car in the stuff. Full front was more than enough for me. (Kind of like my grandmother's plastic covered sofa).

Quick Reply: Replacing the cheesy OEM carpeted floor mats