Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Right side headlight Not working fuses, bulbs, ballast all ok

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert++

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Right side headlight Not working fuses, bulbs, ballast all ok

The title says it all , right side headlight Not working fuses, bulbs, ballast all ok?? I bought everything new, when I plugged everything in, the only thing that is working in the headlight is the three little leds thats it. The turn signal and the main beam is not working, doesn't make any sense also I bought two new led ballast for both sides because my left side went out and they both are not working? . Just a re-cap the vehicle was involved in a right side/front end collision. Anyone have any answers?

Last edited by ImadAl; 03-04-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

For starters year, make, model and your location in your signature on this forum would help us help you.

Have you run a VCDS scan to see if there are any faults? It would be a good place to start. I know that when you replace LED headlights they need to be recoded in order to work. It's not just plug and play. Good Luck!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 03-05-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert++

2014 Audi A6 Quattro Premium Plus 3.0 , I haven't run VCDS to be honest because I need software, but I have the cable, I'm just trying to find it cheaper somewhere. I have included picture of the vehicle head lamp. Its Bi-Xenon HID, not the led version.

Old 09-22-2019, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Problem figured out?

Hi, did you ever figure out your problem?
i have a similar issue but no front end collision.
Thanks

Originally Posted by ImadAl
The title says it all , right side headlight Not working fuses, bulbs, ballast all ok?? I bought everything new, when I plugged everything in, the only thing that is working in the headlight is the three little leds thats it. The turn signal and the main beam is not working, doesn't make any sense also I bought two new led ballast for both sides because my left side went out and they both are not working? . Just a re-cap the vehicle was involved in a right side/front end collision. Anyone have any answers?
Old 09-22-2019, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Expert++

Yes, there is a fuse that needed to be replaced, some of my interior lights were not working too, but everything is up and running now.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, there is a fuse that needed to be replaced, some of my interior lights were not working too, but everything is up and running now.
Where was the fuse located please? I have a similar issue...
Old 11-15-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Expert++

Fuse location is under steering wheel, you have to take off your knee airbag cover, and the cover under the steering wheel to get to it.
The following users liked this post:
A7fan (01-20-2021)
Old 05-09-2020, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Fuse location is under steering wheel, you have to take off your knee airbag cover, and the cover under the steering wheel to get to it.

I have exactly the same problem on the passenger side! Do you know which fuse it was and what the fuse was for? My interior light are working only other thing not working is the passenger front window.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This is actually two problems

I had the problem with the right turn signal and headlights, but not the interior lights. The problem was in one of the fuses located under the steering wheel- need to take the whole under-assembly apart to get to it. Not very hard. But after I replaced the blown fuse and HID LIGHT, fuse blew again. Turns out the problem was the ballast to the HID lamp on the right side that was blowing the fuse. Once I replaced that, everything works. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
TvrTeddy (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thank you . Think it may have been sitting and had water ingress has that ballast on the knocked side isn’t working. I think I need to take a look for this fuse! Is It just under the cover by the knees? Do you remember what amp it was?

Quick Reply: Right side headlight Not working fuses, bulbs, ballast all ok