Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Rotor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotor Issues

I have a 2014 A6 and am going on to my 3rd set of rotors 😟. I mostly drive to work and back which is about 10 miles each way. I'm so frustrated and annoyed. I get the "it must be the way you drive" excuse as well. So I'm wondering A) Does Audi have a class somewhere to teach me how to use their brakes and B) why does this keep happening to me 😫. I wish I had stuck with Lexus 😪!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The dealer telling you that is a shill for Audi. There is no reason that these brakes shouldn't be, or couldn't be, as good as any other car, yet we consistently hear complaints about them from numerous people. After what happened today with my A6, I'm ditching Audi. They have nice interiors, but the way they treat customers, and their excuses for their sub-standard parts, and systems, is inexcusable.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Claire70
I have a 2014 A6 and am going on to my 3rd set of rotors 😟.
What's happening to the rotors?
Old 05-25-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought it beginning of 2015 with 7,000 miles on it. It was 6 months old, obviously came with a set of rotors (set 1), had to get them replaced in 2016, Audi payed "some" of the bill as a "good gesture" (set 2), now they've started vibrating again just like the last time so I assume I'm going in for set 3!! They told me last time the rotors were burned (?). One set of rotors per year!!!! I had a Lexus for 10 years and replaced them once!! Sighhhh
Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

There was a posting somewhere about bad rotors and there was a bulletin on that. Someone remember that one? There is no way anyone should be going thru rotors like you. Do you know if they just resurfaced the old and claim they were replaced? See what dealer says and give them HELL.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:16 AM
Former Vendor

I sell Rotors and Pads for a living and there is no way anybody should be going through Rotors once a year. Maybe if you were driving across country and doing heavy towing, but not in a A6! Are they replacing them with OEM rotors? Have you tried aftermarket or performance?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea that seems a lot, and granted I bought my c7 used, but it doesn't seem to be a common problem, unless I just haven't read a lot about it.

My indy shop says common brake jobs are around 35-40K for the c7, especially 3.0, are they right?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I would stop buying stock rotors for starters. You have 3 data points that say they are not working for you.

Find a good Indie garage and get good aftermarket rotors. There's a lot of decent aftermarket stuff available for our cars even from places like Autozone. Just don't get their cheapie budget grade "white box" rotors.

I'm willing to bet you are not driving enough to really clean them off, so you get "pad rust." Can you post pictures of the rotors?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Nakedhoof
The dealer telling you that is a shill for Audi. There is no reason that these brakes shouldn't be, or couldn't be, as good as any other car, yet we consistently hear complaints about them from numerous people. After what happened today with my A6, I'm ditching Audi. They have nice interiors, but the way they treat customers, and their excuses for their sub-standard parts, and systems, is inexcusable.

Nakedhoof, to add to my post in your other thread, I have to agree with you as regards Audi customer care. My local dealers should spend some time at the Lexus or Acura dealer to gain a better understanding of how to treat customers who buy what are advertised to be luxury/high end vehicles. Even if my A6 turns out to be flawless (after the couple of teething problems I've experienced) through end of warranty, AOA and their dealer's attitudes to customer care / backing their product in cases of premature failures (sometimes catastrophic) will factor into my decision whether I keep car for a while beyond warranty or run back to Mother Acura/Lexus.

Having said the foregoing, try not to let this experience ruin your holiday weekend -- I've reached the point in life where the only things that really unhinge me are death, serious health issues or lots of blood. Again, I hope your issue gets resolved with a minimum of hassle and no expense to you.

Best,
jeff
Old 05-26-2017, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
I've reached the point in life where the only things that really unhinge me are death, serious health issues or lots of blood.
I presume you tend not to fly on United?

Quick Reply: Rotor Issues