Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sending locations from desktop computer and google maps stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 12:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sending locations from desktop computer and google maps stopped working

Hello!
I used the feature of audi connect to send locations from my google maps.
I always press the button "send to car" and then select the audi, and after that i can recall this location from my online destinations in my MMI

The service in audi app says it's online and active.

Does it happen to you too? any ideas?

Thanks!

That feature stopped working from google maps and now it says:
"We were unable to send this destination. Please try again."
​​​​​​​
Old 07-30-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

As already reported in other parts of this forum and even other car forums, Google broke this feature, so it's currently not working. It's not just affecting Audi. Other brands have the same issue. Google screwed something up and hopefully they'll fix it eventually. Good luck getting a hold of anybody at Google, though. You can still send destinations to the car from your phone via the MMI connect app and as a workaround in the meantime if you have an iPhone you can send the destination from your desktop to Google Maps on your phone, and then share it via the MMI connect app to the car. It's one extra step, but it works. On Android the sharing capability isn't support as far as I know, so you'll have to search for the place in the MMI connect app directly and send to the car. It helps to do a search first for things like this as they are not specific to a model and the answer may have already been posted in another subforum.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed answer!

apologies for the redundant question, i was searching in google, and the only post i found was about a BMW and it seemed that google solved it.

Anyway thanks again for taking your time for the tips and for the answer. I'll try to write to google forums but as you say... chances are there's nobody at the other end of the line.

best
Old 09-12-2018, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

At the risk of duplicating information posted elsewhere, this issue can be fixed, but first you must change your Google Maps email address for your car at Myaudi.com, and then change it at Google Maps. The change? You must delete the @ in your email address because Google no longer allows it in "send to car" accounts.

I did this and it now works. Happy again, as I travel a lot and do my travel planning on my PC before I leave on sales trips, and "send to car" is a "must" feature for me. The audi connect app, for me anyway, is "meh".....

More info at this post.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/qoq_ws-AcMc
Old 09-12-2018, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JRomulus
At the risk of duplicating information posted elsewhere, this issue can be fixed, but first you must change your Google Maps email address for your car at Myaudi.com, and then change it at Google Maps. The change? You must delete the @ in your email address because Google no longer allows it in "send to car" accounts.

I did this and it now works. Happy again, as I travel a lot and do my travel planning on my PC before I leave on sales trips, and "send to car" is a "must" feature for me. The audi connect app, for me anyway, is "meh".....

More info at this post.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ps/qoq_ws-AcMc
Thanks. That worked, but looks like myAudi destinations is currently on the fritz. I wasn't able to pull up my destinations in the car the other day, and the MMI connect app isn't connecting to myAudi destinations at the moment.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-12-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
Thanks. That worked, but looks like myAudi destinations is currently on the fritz. I wasn't able to pull up my destinations in the car the other day, and the MMI connect app isn't connecting to myAudi destinations at the moment.
Yes, sadly, although Google Maps says "Sent", when trying to retrieve from the MMI, it says "Cannot connect to Server". And the app is not listing them either.
Is this a national thing in the USA, for all C7 models or just the earlier, pre-refresh years?

Trying to look at this positively, at least the voice activated Google Destination search function on the MMI works...
Old 09-18-2018, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I see in car when I try to access the online destinations from Nav (and that are visible on my phone’s MMI app). This method of navigating has been rock solid for a long time but just stopped working very recently. Presumably also related to the issue discussed below?

FWIW, I can still use MMI app to search and seemingly new store destinations. Just can’t access them in the car navigation.

Originally Posted by superswiss

Last edited by A7_TDI; 09-18-2018 at 05:28 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
This is what I see in car when I try to access the online destinations from Nav (and that are visible on my phone’s MMI app). This method of navigating has been rock solid for a long time but just stopped working very recently. Presumably also related to the issue discussed below?

FWIW, I can still use MMI app to search and seemingly new store destinations. Just can’t access them in the car navigation.
Yes, that's what I'm getting at the moment. I contacted AoA and their initial response was like they weren't aware of an issue, but my complaint has been passed on to the appropriate department and I'm waiting to hear back. This has happened before. It's usually a server that blows out on their end or a screwed up upgrade, so I'm hoping it'll be fixed shortly. I have a road trip coming up this weekend, so I don't wanna have to hand enter my destinations for the whole trip. I've already sent them to myAudi account.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for update! I’m finding I’m still able to use my car’s T-Mobile WiFi with the onboard Google Voice Search to find destinations for NAV. So at least that still works...

But it’s more of a hassle since frequently what voice search initially finds is often not actually what I was looking for (especially if it’s an out of town destination). Whereas the MMI app search is always spot on.

Last edited by A7_TDI; 09-18-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
Thanks for update! I’m finding I’m still able to use my car’s T-Mobile WiFi with the onboard Google Voice Search to find destinations for NAV. So at least that still works...

But it’s more of a hassle since frequently what voice search initially finds is often not actually what I was looking for (especially if it’s an out of town destination). Whereas the MMI app search is always spot on.
Yes, everything else seems to be working. Just the myAudi destinations is on the fritz at the moment. Yes, Google Voice search is my fallback, which works pretty well for me, but some of the destinations this weekend are things like an Airbnb, so I need to enter an actual address. I usually put stuff on my calendar and then just send the calendar appointments to the car, so it's annoying that the feature is broken at the moment.

Quick Reply: Sending locations from desktop computer and google maps stopped working