Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess it also depends on what the finding is. If the advertised MPG is affected then it might be faster. The Diesel cheat only took about 18 mos to reach settlement.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Check out this somewhat related article:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/volkswage...--finance.html

As much as I have enjoyed my last 5 Audi's I stop short of drinking the Cool Aid. There could well be a lesson for all those Trumpies in the US clamoring for all sorts of deregulation and wanting the government to leave its hands off the private sector. I have worked in the private sector at corporate HQ's attending all sorts of executive council meetings and I know what these corporations' only bottom line is - increasing shareholder value or in plain English, making more profit.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Bob, the challenge is it's not just Audi or VAG. Just about all of the auto manf. are always looking for ways to cut corners in the name of profit. Vag just got caught this time. There will be others.
Also, best to avoid political references here. It will only start a hoard of derision.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

OK
I really did not mean it as political, but simply as a comment on the need for us silly humanoids to sometimes protect us from ourselves, me included.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

From a recent article re an Audi (VAG) response to CARB's and others' cheating claims on 3.0 gas engines with auto transmission:

"Volkswagen (Audi’s parent company) has denied allegations that the software detected on the 3.0 liter Audi gasoline models is an illegal defeat device. The company claimed in an email to Reuters that the software is an “adaptive shift program” designed to improve performance and increase fuel efficiency by decreasing the need to shift gears while driving. Volkswagen says that it has made technical information about these “adaptive shift programs” available to Germany’s Federal Motor Vehicle Authority KBA, which is investigating the new allegations of emissions cheating against Audi".

Note that VAG originally denied any wrongdoing in the diesel fiasco. One would assume it's pro forma for VAG to initially deny any claim of wrongdoing, even if the facts presented subsequently turn out to have merit.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me guess now there isn't going to be a lot of cars with the program and that's why they are denying it.... i wonder if all the recent "recalls" had something to do with it or do i need to come in for another ECU flash so i can go down to single digit MPG's.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As to the recent emissions update that many have received in the mail, there are reports of reduced mpg from those who have had it done. There is some suspicion that despite the reason provided by Audi, it may be a smoke screen to remove the offending software as outlined in the legal action. In any case, I'm not going to have it performed.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
As to the recent emissions update that many have received in the mail, there are reports of reduced mpg from those who have had it done. There is some suspicion that despite the reason provided by Audi, it may be a smoke screen to remove the offending software as outlined in the legal action. In any case, I'm not going to have it performed.
Based on the pleadings, it appears 2016 models are allegedly involved in the new gas-engine class action. However, I had our dealer do a 5,000 mile oil change (per the other recent thread) this morning, and there was no open campaign on our car, nor had I received a letter. It would appear that the letter recipients are prior to 2016MY, and experiencing a different issue than the allegation of deceptive emissions testing.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

An update on the legal action against Audi for the 3.0T gasoline engine emissions cheat. According to the lawyers handling the action, the case was assigned over to the same judge that has been handling the diesel emissions action and he has placed it on hold until he clears the individual cases of people who did not opt in to the diesel class action. The atty tells me that it will be at least until end of summer before the judge deals with the gasoline emissions cases. Therefore, there is nothing further at this point to report on the lawsuits brought against Audi.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
An update on the legal action against Audi for the 3.0T gasoline engine emissions cheat. According to the lawyers handling the action, the case was assigned over to the same judge that has been handling the diesel emissions action and he has placed it on hold until he clears the individual cases of people who did not opt in to the diesel class action. The atty tells me that it will be at least until end of summer before the judge deals with the gasoline emissions cases. Therefore, there is nothing further at this point to report on the lawsuits brought against Audi.
Thank you very much for the update!