Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

standard seats too short on thigh support

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default standard seats too short on thigh support

it's getting to the point of really uncomfortable, have the car for less than 2 weeks & did 200 miles, but every time i get in it feels like my whole leg is suspended out side the bottom of the seat, i'm 6'2", and the left corner of the cushion has a round bumpy shape that falls right under the middle of the thigh, i was wondering if anyone with those seats had the same experience, the more important question is can they be changed to the prestige seats(what a world of difference, shame on audi,they could've started with those), as a dealer order?, and would the prestige seats fit?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hated the seats so much in my A6 in 2008, I ended up going the route of buying an S6 for the support. At the time there was no option to change seats on the dealer side.

Someone probably knows better than me; however, ff it were possible, I would have to think you are looking at a change that would cost a couple to a few thousand dollars.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You could probably order the Prestige seats. I'm guessing they'd be around 2K. But keep in mind that the Prestige seats have holes because they are ventilated seats. They won't match your back seats. I have a Prestige and I still thought the seats were uncomfortable. So I took my car to a custom car shop to have the driver's seat re-upholstered. They changed out the foam on the lower sides, bottom seat cushion, and lumbar section. I find the seat to be much more comfortable and it cost $600.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agree on the short seats

I am 6'3" and have a 2012 A6 Premium Plus with 19" SPort Package. Love the car, but the seats are tiring on a long trip. The best setting I have found is: Back of the seat all the way down, front all the way up. Seat base all the way back and backrest fairly vertical. I get reasonable support.

However, our 2013 S5 with Sport seats is a joy - I hope my next A6 will either be an S-Model or that sport seats will be available. They are an option on the Q5!

A shot of the duo at rest is offered...

Best wishes

Eric
Attached Images  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Eric,
I am 6'2" also and I find the seat comfortable for me. Perhaps change to the prestige seats? Or try the custom car shop like Hilly suggests?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know I shoud've opted for prestige, at a little over $2k I would've gotten the seats, Bose, s-line exterior, etc.., now to spend over $2k on seats seems crazy, I love everything else about the car, even the base stereo is manageable with a subwoofer upgrade, maybe it's my 250 lbs frame that's a problem, Jenny Craig is needed it looks like
Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The prestige is a bit better but not much, definitely not worth $2000 to change out afterward. I had some issues with the prestige seats as well on long trips. The BMW 5 series seats or the Volvo S8's seats are much more comfortable.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do others find the prestige seats uncomfortable on long trips? My Z4 is killing me right now (I even have the sport seats) and I want to make sure that my new car won't give me the lower back grief that my current one does. Was already planning to get the prestige model. How different are the prestige and premium plus seats?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Perhaps it comes down to body size (I'm 5'8" and medium build) but I find the seats comfortable on long trips. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a sport or even comfort seat option, but I've endured far worse.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

I'm halfway on a 1000 mile trip right now, and at 5'9 I'm having no problem whatsoever with the seats. As I've said before, it's all relative - I came from an A4 where the seats were okay but my Prestige seats are far superior. As a passenger, my wife agrees. Perhaps if I were over 6' it would be a different story.

Quick Reply: standard seats too short on thigh support