Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

standard seats too short on thigh support

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We took out P+ on a 1723 mile trip this past weekend, My wife and I were very comfortable in the front seats (Im 5'10, 220). We had three drivers, so we all had a turn in the back seat which is not nearly as comfortable. While there is plenty of room, they are a bit upright for sitting for any length of time. Next time I think Ill try brining a lumbar pillow for the back seats, maybe that would help a bit. I would happily have traded a little trunk space to allow the rear seats to recline just a LITTLE more... Such is life.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 5'3" and miserable

I'm 5'3" and miserable in my new Q5 because of the seats. I have no history of lower back pain but a 20 minute jaunt is leaving me miserAble for hours. The seat support lands about mid thigh and it feels like it is throwing me forward out of the seat. If the seat bottom closest to the back rest would drop a little i think i would be more comfortable.

I'm looking for for an after market seat extender and not having any luck. Cadillac had one that was standard on their SRX. Any suggestions where i might find one? I'm desperate for a solution. Selling and buying something else really isnt an option.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by russelline@gmail.com
I'm 5'3" and miserable in my new Q5 because of the seats. I have no history of lower back pain but a 20 minute jaunt is leaving me miserAble for hours. The seat support lands about mid thigh and it feels like it is throwing me forward out of the seat. If the seat bottom closest to the back rest would drop a little i think i would be more comfortable.

I'm looking for for an after market seat extender and not having any luck. Cadillac had one that was standard on their SRX. Any suggestions where i might find one? I'm desperate for a solution. Selling and buying something else really isnt an option.
Very curious:
1. 2012 thread, there have been many others since that may be more relevant.
2. You refer to a Q5 in a C7 A6 forum, this may not be your best forum for Q5 issues.
3. You may not wish to use your E Mail address as your login name.
4. You don't state the relevant information in your post regarding model, year and relevant options.
5. You don't state your location and options vary throughout the world.

BTW - item 4 and 5 should be put in your signature and/or under your avatar.

Good Luck.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

if i had any idea how to delete my post and profile i would. i thought i had it set up with a different profile name and i don't see an option to change it nor an option to reach out to an administrator.

Serves me right for doing all those with my phone.Mobile sites and i do not get along. Sorry for the intrusion on the wrong board. I got to this thread by googling seat extension on Q5. I should have been a little more thorough before posting.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by zamalek
it's getting to the point of really uncomfortable, have the car for less than 2 weeks & did 200 miles, but every time i get in it feels like my whole leg is suspended out side the bottom of the seat, i'm 6'2", and the left corner of the cushion has a round bumpy shape that falls right under the middle of the thigh, i was wondering if anyone with those seats had the same experience, the more important question is can they be changed to the prestige seats(what a world of difference, shame on audi,they could've started with those), as a dealer order?, and would the prestige seats fit?
I would bet if you can find a really good customizer you can have the seats modified to your liking for far less money than swapping them out. I would highly suggest seeking out a reputable place and having your seats tuned to your liking because you have cars an awesome car. Just my 2 cents worth.😃
Old 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by russelline@gmail.com
if i had any idea how to delete my post and profile i would. i thought i had it set up with a different profile name and i don't see an option to change it nor an option to reach out to an administrator.

Serves me right for doing all those with my phone.Mobile sites and i do not get along. Sorry for the intrusion on the wrong board. I got to this thread by googling seat extension on Q5. I should have been a little more thorough before posting.
As suggested, post this same thread over on the Q5 forum and you'll get some feedback from drivers of this model. Maybe no answers, but some discussion. Good luck...