Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Parking Assist stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Assist stopped working

Hi, I have an A6 Avant C7 2014 plate

Last week the rear park assist stopped working. When I put the car in reverse I get a constant beep but there is no display from the rear. When I put it in 1st it is fine & as I approached an object you could see the waves on the display & the pitch changed the closer I got as you would expect.

I checked around on Google & saw a post advising I cleaned the sensors with WD40 which I did but this made no difference. A few days later the front sensors also stopped working & now when I press the park assist button I get a constant beep and the display shows the park assist symbol with a line through it at both the front & rear of the display.

The car was in my local garage yesterday for a service so I asked them to check it out on their diagnostic software which came up with the following faults

B107614 Left rear sensor parking aid Open circuit/ground short
B107631 Left rear sensor parking aid No signal
B107604 Left rear sensor parking aid Component defective
B107A14 Power supply voltage for parking aid sensors Open circuit/ground short

The diagnostics also through up a few other faults on the tank flap locking motor and electronic parking brake, I have had periodic issues with both but switching the brake on and off always clears it and the fuel flap sticking hasnt been an issue for months now.

The garage did a reset & tested again and every fault with the exception of B107A14 Power supply voltage for parking aid sensors Open circuit/ground short have cleared.

As it was only booked in for a service the garage said they did not have time to look into it so I am still without park assist

Another article I have seen suggested checking the fuses which I have done. according to the manual the fuse for the park assist are located in the side panel in the boot and it lists the following

Fuse carrier Green fuse number 10
Fuse carrier Black fuse number 12
Fuse carrier Brown fuse number 11

When I checked there is no fuse in either green 10 or brown 11 and the fuse in black 12 is fine

Should there be fuses in all the locations listed in the hand book or just one of them

If the fuse is OK & all the other faults recorded have cleared what is likely to be causing the malfunction

Any help greatly appreciated as I am a complete novice