Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can add to your family plan with AT&T for $10/month. I thought I also got an extra GB or 2 with it.

The only thing I use it for is sending directions from the app to the car.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll chime in on my own experience. I purchased a 2013 CPO A6 Prestige and Audi kindly updated the modem. Since I use AT&T as my primary carrier I enquired about switching over to them vs. T-Mobile. Audi connect sent out a new SIM card and they helped set it up over the phone, even connecting to AT&T so we could finish the process. I don't miss the unlimited data on T-Mobile and welcome the extra 1GB per month on my shared plan. I tested the speed today, 1mb down and up. Fast enough for the Google maps and occasional tethering for email. Have to say that Audi has given me outstanding customer service/support so far.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy de Groot
I'll chime in on my own experience. I purchased a 2013 CPO A6 Prestige and Audi kindly updated the modem. Since I use AT&T as my primary carrier I enquired about switching over to them vs. T-Mobile. Audi connect sent out a new SIM card and they helped set it up over the phone, even connecting to AT&T so we could finish the process. I don't miss the unlimited data on T-Mobile and welcome the extra 1GB per month on my shared plan. I tested the speed today, 1mb down and up. Fast enough for the Google maps and occasional tethering for email. Have to say that Audi has given me outstanding customer service/support so far.
You were able to get Audi Connect to help you get your MY2013 connect to AT&T? When I called up regarding my MY2014, they insisted I could only use T-mobile, period, end-of-story.

Obviously, I knew better -- so I just went to AT&T, added a 3G IMEI from an iPad to my shared plan, got a SIM, tossed it in and everything works fine. My only gripe is that the Audi Connect website reports me as "INACTIVE" (despite everything working). What does it report for you?
Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just checked my account again, and it shows both the 'old' T-Mobile connection, grayed out and the current 'active' AT&T connection. I'm able to send destination information to my account as before. Overall not as reliable as Google Maps with updated traffic, but it works well enough.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy de Groot
I just checked my account again, and it shows both the 'old' T-Mobile connection, grayed out and the current 'active' AT&T connection. I'm able to send destination information to my account as before. Overall not as reliable as Google Maps with updated traffic, but it works well enough.
I just had a quick chat with an Audi Connect representative, and I have it all sorted now. They were surprisingly helpful this go around. My first call was less than stellar.

Turns out, although my SIM works -- it's not "registered" in the AudiConnect database, so it won't show up on their services. Despite MY2014 being a "T-mobile only" year, the representative from Audi Connect AT&T (option 2) had no problem sending me an AudiConnect AT&T SIM. This will get me all squared away with the AudiConnect servers, reporting my status correctly, etc.

I think my initial misstep was speaking to the T-mobile support side of AudiConnect (option 1). They were adamant that it would only work with T-mobile, there was nothing I could, blah blah.

So, for anyone else out there reading this -- select option 2 when calling AudiConnect. Ask them to send you an AT&T SIM, then once it arrives, call them back to activate. They will get it added to your Mobile Share Plan (or let you activate an AT&T AudiConnect plan) and get you on your way.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

MY2014-15 are compatible with either T-Mo or AT&T 3G. Now that Audi has partnered with AT&T for MY2016+, the Audi Connect reps should hopefully be more informed (and reasonable) about providing either provider's sim if compatible.

Note that MY2012-13 does not support AT&T 3G (or T-Mo's new 3G bands in select areas) unless the modem has been updated, a topic that has been covered extensively in this and other forum threads.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am using a plan from FreedomPop. 200MB/Month suits my needs

"Basic LTE 200"

Talk: 200 Minutes
Text: 500 Messages
Data Limit: 200 MB
Price: $0.00/Month
Old 04-28-2017, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The free 6 months of Audi Connect was only for the original owner when the car was new. If someone received any free months for reactivating that would be only if you call and an exception was offered.
The free map updates are only for MY2016 or later with LTE. MY2012-2015 can only get map updates installed by the dealer at a cost of about $350-$400.
I bought a used 2016 and dealer gave me a SIM
Old 04-29-2017, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dougaross
I am using a plan from FreedomPop. 200MB/Month suits my needs

"Basic LTE 200"

Talk: 200 Minutes
Text: 500 Messages
Data Limit: 200 MB
Price: $0.00/Month
Are you able to get live traffic data with this plan?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Assuming one has a 2012/2013 C7, in order for the dealer to update the modem at no charge:

a) must be original owner
b) car is still under manf. warranty
c) located in an area where T-Mo has changed their 3G bands (now only receiving 2G)
d) have an active Audi Connect/T-Mo plan
e) dealer receives approval from AoA, has the part and procedure documentation available
That answers my question. I just picked up a 2012 so it's out of the factory warranty time frame. Before I found this thread I called Audi this morning and they told me the Metro DC area will only get 2G. They told me they have a $10 per month plan and gave a month trial to see if it works.
I have an extra T-mobile unlimited plan that I wasn't using so I put the sim in and it seems to be working on 2g. Not sure if it's worth paying for Audi to upgrade.

Quick Reply: Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options