Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options

Old 01-02-2016, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my first audi. 2016 A6 . Great info. Great thread. Thank you all.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Question about the AT&T to add to Mobile Share Plan: They don't show it qualifies if you give them the IMEI of the car, but A3s have publicized access for $10/mo via AT&T Value Share: https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...nnect-a3-s3-q3 Is there any reason why the A6 series isn't included here? As far as I know, they have the very same tech.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by schalliol
Question about the AT&T to add to Mobile Share Plan: They don't show it qualifies if you give them the IMEI of the car, but A3s have publicized access for $10/mo via AT&T Value Share: https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...nnect-a3-s3-q3 Is there any reason why the A6 series isn't included here? As far as I know, they have the very same tech.
I think their communication is specific to those vehicles because they have 4G LTE capability. I don't know how AT&T is going to know what model car is eligible, but they might. I used to have AT&T SIM also, but didn't want to spend the $10/month.

Here's the general AT&T car language: Connect a vehicle for $10 to Mobile Share Value: Eligible vehicles only. Pricing is for shared data service only. Requires minimum Mobile Share Value® plan (Unlimited Talk & Text plan starts at $20 per month for 300MB data, or data-only plan starts at $30 per month for 4GB) plus $10 per month access charge per vehicle. Devices: limit 10 per plan. Data: Overage charges apply if you exceed monthly data allowance. General Wireless Service Terms: Subject to Wireless Customer Agreement or applicable Business Agreement. Credit approval may apply. Activation or upgrade fee and deposit may apply. Other monthly charges per line: May include taxes, federal and state universal service charges, a Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge (up to $1.25), a gross receipts surcharge, an Administrative Fee, and other government assessments which are not government-required charges. Restrictions apply and may result in service termination. Offer, terms, and pricing are subject to change. Coverage and service not available everywhere. Visit a store or att.com/mobilesharevalue for pricing details.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

LTE makes sense, but it looks like it's the $10. I've about given up on the T-Mobile for free SIM, but I have a couple around and would like to use it. Since my wife uses almost no data when she's at home, I think I can use all I want without any overages of Google Earth and hotspot for kids in the back. Since I get 19% off through an employer foundation account number (intended for personal use by employees), it's more like only $8 more for no worry about overages.

Wonder if the 16s will be considered eligible. I added a 3G tablet just fine for the $10.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

My understanding is only the models with the new MMI which are already under contract with AT&T (i.e. new A3, TT, MY2016 C7), will work with the car's IMEI. Others with the older MMI that have had success adding the car to an AT&T family share plan have used a tablet's IMEI to activate the sim. (Note that only MY2014/2015 or MY2012/2013 with the modem update will work with AT&T 3G speeds - only models with the new MMI are LTE capable).
Old 01-12-2016, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Clear as mud:
https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/co...i-connect.html
Old 01-12-2016, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well, actually, that is pretty clear that A6/S6 is supported (even though the fine print just lists A7 in the platform). The big print: Turn your Audi connect equipped A7, A6, A3, S7, S6, S3, and Q3 into a high-speed, mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for up to eight devices.
Old 01-12-2016, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Time Audi
Originally Posted by schalliol
Well, actually, that is pretty clear that A6/S6 is supported (even though the fine print just lists A7 in the platform). The big print: Turn your Audi connect equipped A7, A6, A3, S7, S6, S3, and Q3 into a high-speed, mobile Wi-Fi hotspot for up to eight devices.
The info you are seeing in the link is for MY2016 C7 or other models with the new MMI and not earlier models with the older MMI.
All C7 since MY2012-2015 have had wifi hotspot but are limited to only 3G speeds. See my previous post.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Successfully added the 14 to Mobile Value Share Plan using an iPad IMEI using 3G. I think many others have done it, but just FYI if not clear.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was able to use my free prepaid T-Mobile SIM in a 2016 A6 loaner and got 4G LTE service. No setup was required.

I wish it would work for everyone else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Summary: C7 Audi Connect Carriers and Options