Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Suspension "thunk" solved, perhaps!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension "thunk" solved, perhaps!

My 2018 a6, with 497 miles, had a "thunk from the left rear wheel area, over small bumps, manholes, etc. Nothing in the trunk, etc. Took it to loal dealer. Dealer discovered a loose left rear strut boot. Secured boot and all seems well. Also, I had a rotational "thumping" noise from the right front tire. No pedal pulsation. Dealer found "puck" marks on the right front rotor. I have heard of rust on rotors but not "puck" marks. Soon to be replaced - hopefully. And lastly, all four tires were significantly over inflated! So, this is my first Audi experience, MB and BMW's prior. Seems as though pre-delivery by dealer was not well done. I love the car, but beginning to wonder.

thanks for any insights, etc.

aj
Old 12-08-2017, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

For future reference, you should put your location in your personal info, so we know where you are. It helps to pinpoint some issues unique to certain markets. It would also be helpful for you to post, in your signature, the specs of your car (prestige, premium plus, etc.) and the engine you have, as there are two available.

Dealers of any vehicle are often not to be trusted for general maintenance, or other issues. If we know where you're living, it would help us to source a good indy shop, so you can find people who really know these cars, to work on yours.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by a2z1
My 2018 a6, with 497 miles, had a "thunk from the left rear wheel area, over small bumps, manholes, etc. Nothing in the trunk, etc. Took it to loal dealer. Dealer discovered a loose left rear strut boot. Secured boot and all seems well. Also, I had a rotational "thumping" noise from the right front tire. No pedal pulsation. Dealer found "puck" marks on the right front rotor. I have heard of rust on rotors but not "puck" marks. Soon to be replaced - hopefully. And lastly, all four tires were significantly over inflated! So, this is my first Audi experience, MB and BMW's prior. Seems as though pre-delivery by dealer was not well done. I love the car, but beginning to wonder.

thanks for any insights, etc.

aj

Last edited by Nakedhoof; 12-08-2017 at 05:32 PM.