Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Thanks, Rob. Unfortunately, most roads in New England can be an obstacle course of lousy pavement and potholes. That's one reason I'm looking to reduce the body roll - I do a lot of gymkhana-like moves to avoid them.

Perhaps Jack@Stasis can chime in with some further info on the ride characteristics.

Final question: i read your thread on the install and I presume you did it yourself. Since I'm of the non-DIY persuasion when it come to car mechanicals, short of calling them, any idea what an Audi/Stasis dealer might charge for an install? (There's no indy Stasis dealer anywhere near me).
I detect no difference in the way the car rides--only a big improvement in cornering which is what I was looking for--The install at the dealer was $140 with no problems. Took "about" an hour.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally installed my bar yesterday. I have only about an hour with it so far. I made a couple aggressive turns that I often take (the wife only lets me get so aggressive) I can tell you that I notice a difference. The car feels more confident and it seems to track tighter in the corner. I will have a bit more fun on it today on the way home to test, and I am doing a track day Monday. It is a track I ran my car on earlier this year and with the factory bar. So that will be a great test. So far though, it already feels different but only in the turns of course. Straight line is no different.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
So far though, it already feels different but only in the turns of course. Straight line is no different.
I have a chart that some may find useful.

Old 11-22-2013, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I finally installed my bar yesterday. I have only about an hour with it so far. I made a couple aggressive turns that I often take (the wife only lets me get so aggressive) I can tell you that I notice a difference. The car feels more confident and it seems to track tighter in the corner. I will have a bit more fun on it today on the way home to test, and I am doing a track day Monday. It is a track I ran my car on earlier this year and with the factory bar. So that will be a great test. So far though, it already feels different but only in the turns of course. Straight line is no different.
I'm also looking at replacing my suspension setup with Eibachs and Stasis RSB. The only thing holding me back is that my car is equipped with the Sport Package and I don't know if there will be a significant difference if I was to invest in the aftermarket setup. I might replace the sway bar first and if I need more i'll do the eibachs.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by krazyhabu
I'm also looking at replacing my suspension setup with Eibachs and Stasis RSB. The only thing holding me back is that my car is equipped with the Sport Package and I don't know if there will be a significant difference if I was to invest in the aftermarket setup. I might replace the sway bar first and if I need more i'll do the eibachs.
I am pretty sure Stasis told me they would not sell the bar without me having an upgraded suspension. They said the H&R was sufficient enough but stock was not. I can tell you I had the sport suspension and the new springs made a difference. The bar further helped. All in all the mods were great as I can tell the difference and it is impressive. I feel like I have a split personality car. Inside it is lux and on the track it is a blast. Last mod I would do performance wise is a better brake set up. Oh and the pulley but honestly better brakes if I want to keep tracking the car.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stasis will sell the bar on its own, you have to contact them. I have been debating on doing it and they gave me a price for the bar with shipping, I only have stock suspension.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by keithl
Stasis will sell the bar on its own, you have to contact them. I have been debating on doing it and they gave me a price for the bar with shipping, I only have stock suspension.
That might be a new decision as they asked me specifically what suspension I was on. Maybe they have recently had an influx of interest thanks to the forums and have done more research. Either way well worth the call to validate and/or order. Worst they say is no. Just my personal opinion but why not do both upgrades? If you want the sway I assume you want more spirited driving in the turns. A nice set of springs will improve that. Yes it effects straight line driving a little with "feeling" the road but again. If you are looking for better cornering one might assume you want overall performance.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed both would be great, I wanted a more planted feeling in corners, but have a height issue so dropping my car 1.5 inches from stock will likely result in some scraping in my driveway. Although I am very tempted by the entire Stasis suspension upgrade, and seeing it is Stasis I get it covered by warranty by my Audi dealer since they are authorized Stasis dealer.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

I called Stasis two months ago when I was considering increasing the size of my Sport package rear anti sway bar (which is already thicker than the non-sport bar). The sales manager confirmed they were getting requests for the bar alone and they had just decided to sell them separately. He did say they were bundled in the box with the suspension package and would have to separate the components but would be no problem to do so. When I asked if there was any downside to replacing just the bar included with the OEM Sport suspension, he said the only thing to watch out for was if in a fast, hard turn, a rear wheel could be more susceptible to lifting off the ground but also indicated it was not likely to happen.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jack@STaSIS
What springs do you have on your vehicle currently? Depending on the springs you have we can certainly get you set up with a STaSIS rear sway bar.
PM me if you have questions on this.

Best Regards,
Jack
Hey Jack, I'm wondering if your still at stasis. I have a 2017 A6 competition pack and wanted know if I can get the rear sway bar installed on it. If it will fit I would love to make a purchase.

Thank you please let me know.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars