Sweet goodbye to the A6 and a wild ride into an RS5 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page > Sweet goodbye to the A6 and a wild ride into an RS5
Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sweet goodbye to the A6 and a wild ride into an RS5

Reply

 
 
Old 03-11-2014, 04:44 PM
  #1
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Hippyshakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA | U.S.A.
Posts: 166
Default Sweet goodbye to the A6 and a wild ride into an RS5

Fun tossing about with the A6 crew. I found my RS 5 2014 cabriolet and pulled the trigger.

I will catch you all over in the other forum.

Cheers all. Top off, dynamic mode set, sport exhaust roaring into the sunrise.
Hippyshakes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:21 PM
  #2
AudiWorld Member
 
NightCrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 137
Default

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes View Post
Fun tossing about with the A6 crew. I found my RS 5 2014 cabriolet and pulled the trigger.

I will catch you all over in the other forum.

Cheers all. Top off, dynamic mode set, sport exhaust roaring into the sunrise.
Enjoy! That's a sweet ride, good luck with it!
NightCrawler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:25 AM
  #3
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 103
Default

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes View Post
Fun tossing about with the A6 crew. I found my RS 5 2014 cabriolet and pulled the trigger.

I will catch you all over in the other forum.

Cheers all. Top off, dynamic mode set, sport exhaust roaring into the sunrise.
That's awesome man. Question for you. How do you feel going from the A6's advanced cabin to the RS5's? I personally found it so dated and thus it made it hard for me to get an RS5.
B8Lover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:18 PM
  #4
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Hippyshakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA | U.S.A.
Posts: 166
Default

Originally Posted by B8Lover View Post
That's awesome man. Question for you. How do you feel going from the A6's advanced cabin to the RS5's? I personally found it so dated and thus it made it hard for me to get an RS5.
Certainly they are different cars. The obvious as the RS5 is a (in my case) Cabriolet or a Coupe for most.

While the A6 is more luxury cabin, the RS5 is cabin is about driving and putting the top down. With the 4.2 litre V8 and Sports exhaust you're not taking the Johnsons out to the Symphony as you might in the A6.

The cabin makes total sense to me as a Cabriolet.

The MMI-Nav is the same as well as driver assist and except the MMI is set into the dash to avoid glare.

The B an O stereo is nice (I had Bose in the A6 Prestige because to me it wasn't worth the 6K$ as an option)

The Programable driver options are more variable in the RS and more noticeable (to me)

Net/Net is FOR ME I wanted a more aggressive driving experience and a convertible. It's a total thrill and I loved my A6 but not looking back at all.

My 2 cents on about 2 days of driving it....
Hippyshakes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:24 PM
  #5
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 103
Default

LOL...the Johnson's to the opera. Well said. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes View Post
Certainly they are different cars. The obvious as the RS5 is a (in my case) Cabriolet or a Coupe for most.

While the A6 is more luxury cabin, the RS5 is cabin is about driving and putting the top down. With the 4.2 litre V8 and Sports exhaust you're not taking the Johnsons out to the Symphony as you might in the A6.

The cabin makes total sense to me as a Cabriolet.

The MMI-Nav is the same as well as driver assist and except the MMI is set into the dash to avoid glare.

The B an O stereo is nice (I had Bose in the A6 Prestige because to me it wasn't worth the 6K$ as an option)

The Programable driver options are more variable in the RS and more noticeable (to me)

Net/Net is FOR ME I wanted a more aggressive driving experience and a convertible. It's a total thrill and I loved my A6 but not looking back at all.

My 2 cents on about 2 days of driving it....
B8Lover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM
  #6
AudiWorld Super User
 
tenspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honeoye New York USA
Posts: 3,830
Default

Originally Posted by Hippyshakes View Post
Cheers all. Top off, dynamic mode set, sport exhaust roaring into the sunrise.
Congrats on the new car!

Here's some shots I took of the RS5 that was at the Langon Audi Social in Albany NY. Sweet car.

Name:  100_9167_zps6c2b6990.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  63.7 KB

Name:  100_9173_zps95d23883.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  88.8 KB

Name:  100_9175_zpsdc188223.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  63.4 KB

Name:  100_9174_zpsa4b3253f.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  61.5 KB
tenspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
  #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
gatorguy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 668
Default

The red with aluminum accents looks awesome.
gatorguy7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:16 PM
  #8
AudiWorld Super User
 
tenspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honeoye New York USA
Posts: 3,830
Default

Originally Posted by gatorguy7 View Post
The red with aluminum accents looks awesome.
It was a very popular car to test drive. One time it went out with four female passengers. That's how a full service Audi dealership does it with such a chick magnet...

The social was sponsored by Langon and ACNA a week before the ACNA Watkins Glen event. There's more to the ACNA than the new car discount.

Name:  100_9168_zps7e1395b4.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  89.3 KB

Name:  100_9169_zpsb7970508.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  100_9171_zps215054a9.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  61.6 KB
tenspeed is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Rob O
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
2
11-18-2001 09:06 PM
hurricanesteve
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
10
10-04-2000 07:22 PM
MattS
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
8
07-20-1999 01:21 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:13 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: