Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default tail lights

Greetings,
Has anyone added the post face-lift sequential taillight to a pre car yet? It says bodywork required and was wondering what that entails. Looks pretty cool but...you can't see your own taillights. They must be an option as I have not seen one in my neck of the woods yet but had seen a couple in Germany last summer. Going to have my RS6 rear diffuser and bezels soon and was wondering about this mod also.

Thanks,
Bob
Old 09-14-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The facelift rear bumper is higher (part under the taillights). Therefore if you want facelift taillights with pre-facelift bumper - there would be a small gap between taillights and the bumper. Or you would somehow create custom body part to hide the gap as shown in the picture below

face
Old 09-14-2018, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you put that much money into a modification then make sure you get the real thing by getting Amber sequential turn signals, the red ones use the same technology as a 1970’s Chevy.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Oh no doubt!! I get some RS6 stuff from a guy in Germany and it has been pretty reasonable for Audi parts. I just hope it is more of a plug and play with possibly a module exchange than lots of coding to get them working correctly. I had the module change and lots of messing around to get the RS6 headlights working correctly in the last A6 I had.

Last edited by Robert Schirmer; 09-16-2018 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

What I wanna know is what it'd take to get euro style turn signal on North American pre (and I guess post too) facelift cars. Is it just VCDS coding? Hardware changes?? Can't find anything concrete (not even in that other thread that is bumped once in a while)...
Old 09-17-2018, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 178 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
What I wanna know is what it'd take to get euro style turn signal on North American pre (and I guess post too) facelift cars. Is it just VCDS coding? Hardware changes?? Can't find anything concrete (not even in that other thread that is bumped once in a while)...
If by Euro style you mean the "chasing" indicator lights then they were only introduced as part of the facelift (so not available pre-facelift) and they use a unique tail light unit so it requires hardware changes and also coding. Kufatec offer two kits https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...6-4g?tab=frage https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...di-a6-4g-sedan that provide the wiring and the lights dependng on what reart light unit you already have but they are marked as "not for North America". Not sure if this is because (as I understand it) the chasing lights are illegal in the US or that the the wiring to the rear lights in the US is different and therefore it is not "Plug & Play". Hope this helps
Old 09-17-2018, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
If by Euro style you mean the "chasing" indicator lights then they were only introduced as part of the facelift (so not available pre-facelift) and they use a unique tail light unit so it requires hardware changes and also coding. Kufatec offer two kits https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...6-4g?tab=frage https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/au...di-a6-4g-sedan that provide the wiring and the lights dependng on what reart light unit you already have but they are marked as "not for North America". Not sure if this is because (as I understand it) the chasing lights are illegal in the US or that the the wiring to the rear lights in the US is different and therefore it is not "Plug & Play". Hope this helps
Thanks - but while the chasing light would be cool, I understand it's nearly impossible on pre facelift models. Instead, what I want is to have the turn signal to be the single LED strip (blinking as one, not chasing) as opposed to the entire tail light assembly. It'd be cool to have that - but not a big deal

Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
Thanks - but while the chasing light would be cool, I understand it's nearly impossible on pre facelift models. Instead, what I want is to have the turn signal to be the single LED strip (blinking as one, not chasing) as opposed to the entire tail light assembly. It'd be cool to have that - but not a big deal
See post #3
Old 09-17-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22

See post #3
Le sigh... oh well I'll live with my USDM lights
Old 09-18-2018, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Like DB22 listed red is the one they like in the states. But does anyone think they will be sharp enough to find your amber directional not red?? Any ideas on how I can get the wiring schematic for the rear body/taillights? I could probably get it from my buddy at the dealer for my 2014 and a 2016 facelift. But how to get one for a European facelift car????? Or is the sequential around the states on an A6/S6? Those kits also don't really describe what your getting ether. Enlightenment on this John??

Quick Reply: tail lights