AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/tdi-update-then-nox-sensor-throws-code-2948088/)

NABS4 04-26-2018 01:10 PM

TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code
 
My A6 has never thrown a code (MIL has never turned on). I got the TDI update done earlier this month, and yesterday the MIL turned on. Scanned the codes and it turns out one of the NOX sensors had an implausible reading, at 255 km/h no less, which is even more implausible since the car is governed to 210. There was just one incidence so I cleared the code. I'll see if it comes back and do something then. It will be interesting to see what other gremlins appear.

Wuplur 04-26-2018 06:21 PM

That sucks but I wonder if it just changed some parameters that put the NOX outside of specs. This is similar to a couple of recalls that came out for the A3, R8 and a few others where you would do the update then an extended test drive to see if a specific fault would set and if it did then you would replace the ABS module or high pressure pump in those cases and maybe the NOX in this case. Fortunately for us those items are now covered 10yrs/120 which Iím assuming in Canada also, right?

BOWZ 12-08-2018 06:13 PM

This is an old thread, but wanted to chime in that My new to me 3.0 TDI did the same thing post fix. Dealer said this is quite common and most don't make it off the lot before popping.

KevinGary 12-09-2018 02:58 AM

The EPA fix, the gift that just keeps giving. :D

AMDG75 12-09-2018 09:03 AM


Originally Posted by KevinGary (Post 25246412)
The EPA fix, the gift that just keeps giving. :D

Yes: giving headaches to owners and VW/Audi reimbursement $$ to dealers.....

ByByBMW 12-09-2018 02:10 PM

Just an FYI, my 2016 TDI hasn't thrown any lights since the update.

McFuzz 12-09-2018 03:59 PM


Originally Posted by ByByBMW (Post 25246593)
Just an FYI, my 2016 TDI hasn't thrown any lights since the update.


Same here for my 2014...

Chiclet11 12-10-2018 08:38 AM

I had the fix done in January of this year. No issues or problems until now. Maybe it's bad juju from this thread because it's at the dealer now getting a new NOx sensor.

Tanket 01-31-2019 02:23 PM

I know, old thread, had the recall done 2 weeks ago ('14 A6) and got the NOX MIL...they wanted to charge me $989. to replace it. I always have to fight with them because they never see that I have an extended warranty. Always have a problem with the dealer....
Is this sensor failing an ongoing problem or is it a one time failure after the diesel fix? Can you get Audi to pay for it, isn't that part of the emissions system that's covered to 100k and has an even further extended warranty after the fix??

gguy 01-31-2019 02:30 PM


Originally Posted by Tanket (Post 25269782)
I know, old thread, had the recall done 2 weeks ago ('14 A6) and got the NOX MIL...they wanted to charge me $989. to replace it. I always have to fight with them because they never see that I have an extended warranty. Always have a problem with the dealer....
Is this sensor failing an ongoing problem or is it a one time failure after the diesel fix? Can you get Audi to pay for it, isn't that part of the emissions system that's covered to 100k and has an even further extended warranty after the fix??

with the frequency with which this seems to happen after the update, i would tell them to replace it as part of the update.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:37 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands