Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code

Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code

Old 04-26-2018, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code

My A6 has never thrown a code (MIL has never turned on). I got the TDI update done earlier this month, and yesterday the MIL turned on. Scanned the codes and it turns out one of the NOX sensors had an implausible reading, at 255 km/h no less, which is even more implausible since the car is governed to 210. There was just one incidence so I cleared the code. I'll see if it comes back and do something then. It will be interesting to see what other gremlins appear.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks but I wonder if it just changed some parameters that put the NOX outside of specs. This is similar to a couple of recalls that came out for the A3, R8 and a few others where you would do the update then an extended test drive to see if a specific fault would set and if it did then you would replace the ABS module or high pressure pump in those cases and maybe the NOX in this case. Fortunately for us those items are now covered 10yrs/120 which Iím assuming in Canada also, right?
Old 12-08-2018, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This is an old thread, but wanted to chime in that My new to me 3.0 TDI did the same thing post fix. Dealer said this is quite common and most don't make it off the lot before popping.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The EPA fix, the gift that just keeps giving.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary View Post
The EPA fix, the gift that just keeps giving.
Yes: giving headaches to owners and VW/Audi reimbursement $$ to dealers.....
Old 12-09-2018, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just an FYI, my 2016 TDI hasn't thrown any lights since the update.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ByByBMW View Post
Just an FYI, my 2016 TDI hasn't thrown any lights since the update.

Same here for my 2014...
Old 12-10-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the fix done in January of this year. No issues or problems until now. Maybe it's bad juju from this thread because it's at the dealer now getting a new NOx sensor.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I know, old thread, had the recall done 2 weeks ago ('14 A6) and got the NOX MIL...they wanted to charge me $989. to replace it. I always have to fight with them because they never see that I have an extended warranty. Always have a problem with the dealer....
Is this sensor failing an ongoing problem or is it a one time failure after the diesel fix? Can you get Audi to pay for it, isn't that part of the emissions system that's covered to 100k and has an even further extended warranty after the fix??
Old 01-31-2019, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tanket View Post
I know, old thread, had the recall done 2 weeks ago ('14 A6) and got the NOX MIL...they wanted to charge me $989. to replace it. I always have to fight with them because they never see that I have an extended warranty. Always have a problem with the dealer....
Is this sensor failing an ongoing problem or is it a one time failure after the diesel fix? Can you get Audi to pay for it, isn't that part of the emissions system that's covered to 100k and has an even further extended warranty after the fix??
with the frequency with which this seems to happen after the update, i would tell them to replace it as part of the update.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TDI update then NOX sensor throws a code

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: