Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Thinking about an A6

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C21bill
Thanks Mike. Any idea if the steering issues have been solved?
Not sure. I never had the issues, as far as I know, so I wouldn't know if it was fixed.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Mike. Any idea if the steering issues have been solved?
Depends on what you mean by resolved.

The wandering issue is resolved. But at the expense of looser steering, even in dynamic mode. If you are happy with the steering as is based on your test drive, then you will have no issue. Those of us who bought the car with the tighter dynamic steering do not believe the issue is resolved adequately. Luckily I have not had the wandering issues except a few rare times so I just continue to refuse Audi's "fix" in order to keep the IMO better, tighter dynamic steering.

Now others like looser steering so it will depend on your preference
Old 05-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61

The wandering issue is resolved. But at the expense of looser steering, even in dynamic mode. If you are happy with the steering as is based on your test drive, then you will have no issue. Those of us who bought the car with the tighter dynamic steering do not believe the issue is resolved adequately. Luckily I have not had the wandering issues except a few rare times so I just continue to refuse Audi's "fix" in order to keep the IMO better, tighter dynamic steering.

Thank you Mav. Didn't really notice loose steering on my various test drives but wasn't aware that an issue existed at the time so wasn't looking for it. Perhaps I need to do another test drive. Other than the issues I mentioned, this seems to be a really fine car.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61

BTW, how much did the Xpel cost you?
Old 05-04-2014, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

BTW, how much did the Xpel cost you?
$740 total for:

1. extended hood/fenders kit (about 24" of protection), mirrors, full front bumper, XPEL Ultimate film and installation: $640.00
2. headlights / fog lamps: $60.00
3. rear bumper - trunk area: $40.00

All edges wrapped

If you go full hood it will be a lot more. I believe the full hood is overkill but some people like it, just depends on your preference. I had the standard 24" protection on my previous vehicle and had no issues at all over 9 years with not having the full hood

I would check the Xpel website and find an installer who does a higher volume with them