Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Traffic light information system

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 04:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let the Count DOWN begin

I already have a count down.
When I'm 2nd or 3rd at a light and it turns green.
I count down 1 & 2 & 3 😠HOONNKKKK.

huh OH😩
Old 12-15-2016, 06:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abjb
I already have a count down.
When I'm 2nd or 3rd at a light and it turns green.
I count down 1 & 2 & 3 😠HOONNKKKK.

huh OH😩

I've use the count down 3 times this week, for a total of 4 Traffic Light Notifications delivered.
2 side by side at one light.
At the very next light same woman was 3rd in line, I stopped beside her knowing what she was going to do .
YEP she did, k1&k2&k3 HOOOONK she didn't have a clue just glared in her mirror as if to say "HOW DARE YOU, I'm texting my boss about why I didn't leave for work ON TIME .
Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone please recommend a cheap android device to use with ODBeleven. <$50. I only need it for coding. I just do not want to just buy any device an then find out it doesn't work. Thanks.

Last edited by djrx; 07-16-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I think that in New York State it's illegal. Texting or talking with a phone held to your ear can get you a ticket.
Which makes no sense. Talking on a speakerphone is just as distracting. Talking to a passenger is just as distracting. If holding something is so distracting that it should be illegal, why limit it to phones? Why not food?
Old 07-22-2017, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is the conversation that causes distraction, whether it be voice, or worse, text. It's been scientifically proven that talking on the phone, in particular, is more dangerous than drunk driving. I am not sure if studies were also done on whether talking to a passenger is as dangerous, as well. But feel free to educate yourself, if it upsets you so much.

Originally Posted by rsilvers129
Which makes no sense. Talking on a speakerphone is just as distracting. Talking to a passenger is just as distracting. If holding something is so distracting that it should be illegal, why limit it to phones? Why not food?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djrx
Can someone please recommend a cheap android device to use with ODBeleven. <$50. I only need it for coding. I just do not want to just buy any device an then find out it doesn't work. Thanks.
You can just buy a prepaid Android smartphone from a place like BestBuy or Staples. Most of those prepaid phones are locked to providers, but you can still use apps via WIFI without a SIM card.

This is what I have. The screen may be small and ugly, but it works great with OBD11:
Virgin Mobile ZTE Prestige 2 4G LTE with 16GB Memory Prepaid Cell Phone Black ZTE9136AVB - Best Buy
Old 12-27-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

OK, I got a little farther with the OBDEleven. Man, I wish this thing came with a book of instructions. With an index in the back so you could just look stuff up. But I guess not. I took a bunch of pictures and hopefully they will help someone else out by seeing them. Admin: if I posted too many pictures I am sorry and you can please delete them. It is a lot of pictures so sorry ahead of time?

I Now have 5 flashes of my turn signal instead of 3. Needle sweep. Gear number showing. Overhead view on right 1/3 of screen (Thanks to this forum, not OBDEleven).

There were a few glitches and some things I do not understand.
1. I turned on easy exit/entry. The seat is supposed to move back when you open the door. The steering wheel goes up but it always did that. I am short so I wanted the seat to move too. OBD programed that but it did nothing.
2. I programed two beeps and it says it took but I still have only one beep. I did reboot the system.
3. Heads up display should show cruise control, yet it still goes away after a few seconds.
4. Video in motion not available yet and the app told me so. See pictures.
5. I did enable MIRROR LINK but I don't know what that is or what it does or even if it did anything. I tried to mirror my IPhone to the screen but it was not that. Anyone know what MIRROR LINK does?

If I am overdoing all of my posts, please let me know and I'll stop. I am just excited over this Q7.

2018 Prestige. Orca Black L O A D E D with everything. Massaging seats and rear wheel steering. Everything but the black optics package.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't know what this did.
This is cool. I have a video posted somewhere on this forum.

OBDEleven clearly states that this will not work over 1116
Someone PLEASE tell me what this is?
THis did nothing. The wheel always moved up but the seat stays still?
I'll find out tonight if my side mirrors are not dimmed. They are almost useless at night.

What did this do? Who knows...
This worked! Now instead of just showing D my display shows D1 or D2...

Did nothing.
DId not work even tho it shows that it did?
DId not work even tho it shows that it did?
YES!!! It worked
Works so far.
Some of the app options. The little number in the right corner is how many credits it costs.
More of the app options.
More of the app options.
More of the app options.
More of the app options.
More of the app options.
More of the app options.
No VIM with 1116 or higher. Yet?
What is MirrorLink?
More of the app options but under the gauges section. I did not mess with any of this stuff.
More of the app options but under the gauges section. I did not mess with any of this stuff.

Home screen. You MUST put your VIN in before you get this screen. It made a huge difference.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is the OBDEleven perfect? No. But when you think about how much a loaded Q7 costs, it's hard to complain about the OBDEleven. I bought the PRO version for $80 bucks then bought 500 credits for $32.99
Kind of hard to complain about less than $115 for what it has done so far. Hopefully OBD will keep updating their app as more things become available.