Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Trunk won't open with button under trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trunk won't open with button under trunk lid

I looked in the vehicle settings and nothing seems to work. When the keys are in the car, shouldn't the trunk release button located under the trunk lid open the trunk? Even if the car is off?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by WannaS6
I looked in the vehicle settings and nothing seems to work. When the keys are in the car, shouldn't the trunk release button located under the trunk lid open the trunk? Even if the car is off?

Thanks
Under the Central Locking section in the vehicle settings in MMI you can choose to have this disabled so it only opens with the button on the key or the one on the drivers door
Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe all doors must be unlocked for this to work. If just the driver's door is unlocked, then the trunk will not open by hand.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by vinrun
I believe all doors must be unlocked for this to work. If just the driver's door is unlocked, then the trunk will not open by hand.
As long as I have the fob I can unlock the trunk without any of the doors being unlocked.

There are times when the switch doesn't work, but I haven't figured out the condition yet.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

my issue is if the key is in the ignition, i should be able to open the trunk with the button under the trunk lid, nope....
Old 07-21-2012, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

my issue is if the key is in the ignition, i should be able to open the trunk with the button under the trunk lid, nope....
Key is in the ignition? Thought all current A6 have the start engine button.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Depends how you have configured the locking in MMI. You have the option to select which doors unlock on the first press of the button on the "key" and this does not change when you start the car, unless you use the unlock switch on the drivers or from passenger door. Try pressing the unlock button on the "key" twice to see if that changes the situation for you. If so then you either need to continue doing that or change the settings in the MMI. Additionally there is a further option in the MMI to disable the boot//trunk lid switch altogether so the only way of unlocking it is either with the switch on the drivers door pocket or using the button on the "key".
Old 07-22-2012, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 things, (1) in the mmi there is a setting for the trunk in central locking, check that and (2) there is a valet button in the glove box, make sure it isnt turned on.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

make sure the valet parking is off if it is pushed then the trunk will not open with remote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found on my 2015 A7 the button on the glove box was very easy to accidentally hit....like every time I opened the glove box and reached in there for anything. I have not checked my 2016 yet to see if they changed the location or not. But they need to.

Quick Reply: Trunk won't open with button under trunk lid