Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

VAG-COM (VCDS) coding for 2016 FL A6/A7

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
My DIS Lap Timer display has Boost on the top left (which does nothing on a 3.0T), Oil temp in the top right and a sequencing set of green lights and then a red light at the right of the horizontal sequence to show the shift point.

Are you thinking that the sequencing lights is the Boost gauge?
That may well be...

I guess I did not expect shift point lights when in auto mode, so I never considered that.
Superchargers generate linear boost when plotted against RPM (unless the bypass is open and ignoring altitude changes). So I thought that that was what I was seeing... more RPM, more boost. Live and learn...
Old 11-26-2015, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enable Time of Steering Assist Menu in MMI

Originally Posted by jlr83
The new facelift A6 (2016+, FC body type) is significantly different than the non-facelift model. There seems to be a lot less that can be changed. I am trying to create a place for success/failures related to VAG-COM programming (please reply with your successes -- remember this is for the facelift model) . So to start:

Successes:

1. Enabling Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
[Select] [17 - Instruments] [Coding - 07] [Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

2. Enabling Lap Timer
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Lap Timer active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

3. Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS/HUD*
[02 – Auto Trans] [Adaptation – 10]*
Select “Single Gear Display” from top channel drop down menu*
Select “D on/S on” from New value drop down menu

4. Enable auto handbrake when shift into P
[Select] [53 - Parking Brake] [Security Access - 16]
Code displayed to me was - 78713
[Adaption - 10] [Select] "Shift P to EPB"
Set to Activated
[Do It!]

Notable changes/failures:

1. Hidden menu - as far as I can tell this no longer exists
[Select] [5F - Information Electr.]*[Adaptation - 10]
Select Channel 6 and Read change the value from 0 to 1
Test then Save
To enable the menu that allows you to change the intervention time of the assisted steering. This lets you change it from Late to Early which will keep the car more in the middle of the road and not bouncing from edge to edge.

Enable Time of Steering Assist Menu
[8E - Image Processing]
[Security Access - 16] Enter 20103
[Adaptation - 10]
[Menu for time of assisted steering] Select Activate
Old 11-26-2015, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dp1199
To enable the menu that allows you to change the intervention time of the assisted steering. This lets you change it from Late to Early which will keep the car more in the middle of the road and not bouncing from edge to edge.

[8E - Image Processing]
[Adaptation - 10]
Does this have something to do with Lane Assist or just the power steering - elaborate please. Also, what year to do have?
Old 11-30-2015, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2016 A6/A7. S6/S7 Lane Assist

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Does this have something to do with Lane Assist or just the power steering - elaborate please. Also, what year to do have?
Lane Assist, 2016
Old 11-30-2015, 03:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Selecting "Early" on the Lane Assist makes a drastic difference. The car holds the center much better and on the highway and it will steer without the drift over the lane markers. I have always felt that the information is available and this change makes use of that info. Think of the mod as reducing the hysteresis of steering changes.
I wish that the ACC DIS display showed the cars left and right location within the recognized lines just as it shows the relative approach distance to the car in front.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey, I just received my hex net tool from Rosstech and made several mods on my 2016 A6 C7 facelift. I found a few additional mods online that weren't posted here yet. I successfully enabled needle sweep, lap timer, gear display in HUD (needs lap timer in order to display), disabled seatbelt chime and added assistant steering option to MMI in order to switch from late to early!
Additionally I did the following:

Enable Adaptive brake lights
[46 - Comfort System] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8
Bit 0 – Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Lights active (1 = active)
Bit 1 – Emergency Brake Flashing via Brake Lights active (1 = active)

Enable Double Disarm Beep
[46 - Central Conv.] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63
Add 4

Tail lights on with front DRLs
[09-Central Electric]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 2 and enable bit 7

Change the time before the heated seats auto-change from level 3 to level 2
When the heated seat is set to full (level 3) it will only stay on full power (level 3) for 10 minutes before automatically dropping to level 2. To increase (or decrease) the amount of time this takes, go to
Module 08 (HVAC) -> Adaptation -> drop in down box select the option 'time until heated seat stage withdrawal from 3-2'.
Enter a new value. Save.
The default is 10, which is 10 minutes. I set it to 15 minutes. Change it to zero to prevent it from auto-switching from level 3 to level 2.

Change the Adaptive Cruise Control Preset distance
Module 13 (distance regulation), adaptation, Channel 7 and change from 0 to 1. Reboot your MMI and you will then have an option in your MMI under Car, driver assistance and Adaptive Cruise Control to set which of the 4 distances your car will default to when you activate your ACC.

Close your trunk using your key
Module 46 (cent convenience), coding, long coding helper and ensure byte two, bit two is ticked it says "Comfort operation: Remote control active". Then got to module 6D (Trunk Electrics), security access and enter security code "12345". Then still in Module 6D, click adaptation, channel and there are 4 options in there (among others) called "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key - Touch function for closing". Select all four of those options, one at a time, and change the value to ACTIVE and press do it.

Again, these are mods I found online but I wanted to add them here because this is the only thread made for the A6 C7 Facelift. I am not taking any credit for this as I simply copied and pasted them.

I tried every single mod and they all work. I have a couple more that I will post when I made sure they are working.

Have fun!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Test then Save[/QUOTE]

I don't seem to get the Hidden Menu enabled on my C7 Facelift either! I really wanted to get the tire pressure to show in the MMI just like my S8 does!

Has anyone figured out a way to get the hidden menu on the facelift A6 yet?

Thank you
Old 01-29-2016, 11:03 PM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The only VCDS mod I've done is to enable the remote closure of the hatch, using the key or button on the drivers door.

After 3 days, it's reverted back to its previous setting and no longer closes remotely.

Anyone found their VCDS mods on the C7.5 misbehaving?
Old 02-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Great INFO

Originally Posted by jlr83
The new facelift A6 (2016+, FC body type) is significantly different than the non-facelift model. There seems to be a lot less that can be changed. I am trying to create a place for success/failures related to VAG-COM programming (please reply with your successes -- remember this is for the facelift model) . So to start:

Successes:

1. Enabling Gauge Test/Needle Sweep
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Gauge Test/Needle Sweep active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

2. Enabling Lap Timer
Click on byte 1 and you'll see the selectable option: "Lap Timer active"
Check this option
[Do It!]

3. Enable Automatic Gear selection shown in DIS/HUD*
[02 – Auto Trans] [Adaptation – 10]*
Select “Single Gear Display” from top channel drop down menu*
Select “D on/S on” from New value drop down menu

4. Enable auto handbrake when shift into P
[Select] [53 - Parking Brake] [Security Access - 16]
Code displayed to me was - 78713
[Adaption - 10] [Select] "Shift P to EPB"
Set to Activated
[Do It!]

Test then Save
Originally Posted by 6CHICAGO
Success...

Full credit to Booreux who tryed this on his 2016 A6...
Now I just made it work in my 2016 A7...

Confort Windows (Roll Up)

46 - Cent. Conv.
Adaptation - 10
Channel 62
Change Value from 8738 to 48059
Test
Save
Originally Posted by dp1199

[8E - Image Processing]
[Adaptation - 10]

Originally Posted by Metzga
Hey, I just received my hex net tool from Rosstech and made several mods on my 2016 A6 C7 facelift. I found a few additional mods online that weren't posted here yet. I successfully enabled needle sweep, lap timer, gear display in HUD (needs lap timer in order to display), disabled seatbelt chime and added assistant steering option to MMI in order to switch from late to early!
Additionally I did the following:

Enable Adaptive brake lights
[46 - Comfort System] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 8
Bit 0 – Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Lights active (1 = active)
Bit 1 – Emergency Brake Flashing via Brake Lights active (1 = active)

Enable Double Disarm Beep
[46 - Central Conv.] [Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 63
Add 4

Tail lights on with front DRLs
[09-Central Electric]
[Coding - 07]
[Long Coding Helper]
Click on byte 2 and enable bit 7

Change the time before the heated seats auto-change from level 3 to level 2
When the heated seat is set to full (level 3) it will only stay on full power (level 3) for 10 minutes before automatically dropping to level 2. To increase (or decrease) the amount of time this takes, go to
Module 08 (HVAC) -> Adaptation -> drop in down box select the option 'time until heated seat stage withdrawal from 3-2'.
Enter a new value. Save.
The default is 10, which is 10 minutes. I set it to 15 minutes. Change it to zero to prevent it from auto-switching from level 3 to level 2.

Change the Adaptive Cruise Control Preset distance
Module 13 (distance regulation), adaptation, Channel 7 and change from 0 to 1. Reboot your MMI and you will then have an option in your MMI under Car, driver assistance and Adaptive Cruise Control to set which of the 4 distances your car will default to when you activate your ACC.

Close your trunk using your key
Module 46 (cent convenience), coding, long coding helper and ensure byte two, bit two is ticked it says "Comfort operation: Remote control active". Then got to module 6D (Trunk Electrics), security access and enter security code "12345". Then still in Module 6D, click adaptation, channel and there are 4 options in there (among others) called "Activation using rear lid opening button in remote key - Touch function for closing". Select all four of those options, one at a time, and change the value to ACTIVE and press do it.

Again, these are mods I found online but I wanted to add them here because this is the only thread made for the A6 C7 Facelift. I am not taking any credit for this as I simply copied and pasted them.

I tried every single mod and they all work. I have a couple more that I will post when I made sure they are working.

Have fun!
Hey guys...thanks. These are great! Got my Ross-Tech HEX-CAN+USB today and did several of these. Anyone know anything about getting rid of the amber corner lights when DRL's are running? Also, looking for coding on adjusting DRL LED levels...and anything else folks are locating.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Hey guys...thanks. These are great! Got my Ross-Tech HEX-CAN+USB today and did several of these. Anyone know anything about getting rid of the amber corner lights when DRL's are running? Also, looking for coding on adjusting DRL LED levels...and anything else folks are locating.
These are what I used.

8. Turn off amber side markers (US models Only)
[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 10
Submodule 0
Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable amber side markers (U.S. vehicles)
Turns off the yellow lights on the side of the car/headlights.

14. Adjust DRL Brightness
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Security Access - 16] (enter security code. One of the default codes is- 20113)
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 3
Enter new value for LED brightness i.e. "100" If you want LED's at 100%.
Values below 5 turns the LED's off and generates an error code and warning in DIS .
This will allow you to change the intensity of the LED's when your headlights are on. By default the LED's are only 8-9% or brightness. Had original value of 26. Changed to 50. LED bars get brighter, not headlights. LEDs don't change for parking lights. However, with mod 15 below, the parking lights are now same brightness as DRL.

Quick Reply: VAG-COM (VCDS) coding for 2016 FL A6/A7