Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Strange HVAC behavior

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strange HVAC behavior

Hi all,
I am wondering if any of you have this strange HVAC issue and if it's something a dealer needs to check out. I've 2012 A6 P+ with Cold Weather package. While both the driver's and passenger's temp is set to the same 68F, and outside temp was 60F this morning, I noticed that the passenger side vents are blowing warm air and driver vents were blowing cool air. I was the only person in the car. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is this somehow normal? What was the solution?

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Not positive but when the car is started in certain conditions, the system is attempting to defog any condensation from the windows (the defroster vents may do the same thing as the side vents). I believe once the car is driven for a bit, all the vent temps get in sync. I also recall that there may be some control in the MMI for vent temp distribution. I'll have to check.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I notice something similar, although both sides blow warm air. Temp out was 63 and I set my temp to 62. Warm air out of both passenger and driver vents. Seems when I want just fresh air in the cabin, it is much warmer than the ambient outdoor temperature.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Restarting this thread, if anyone had similar problem - please advise. Driver's and passenger's side vents blow somewhat different air temperature, even when the setting is the same. Originally, the dealer blamed it on me not using the Auto setting. So, I switched to using Auto only. The problem is intermittently appearing. I usually keep Auto at 72 (sometimes 68 or 74). When I direct passenger's center vent toward myself, I feel it blowing warmer air. Putting right hand over both vents one can feel the difference.

Has anyone had a similar problem and was it resolved by a dealer? What was done to fix it?

Thank you!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokingTires
Restarting this thread, if anyone had similar problem - please advise. Driver's and passenger's side vents blow somewhat different air temperature, even when the setting is the same. Originally, the dealer blamed it on me not using the Auto setting. So, I switched to using Auto only. The problem is intermittently appearing. I usually keep Auto at 72 (sometimes 68 or 74). When I direct passenger's center vent toward myself, I feel it blowing warmer air. Putting right hand over both vents one can feel the difference.

Has anyone had a similar problem and was it resolved by a dealer? What was done to fix it?

Thank you!
Had in the past and went to the dealer to have it fixed. They mentioned a firmware upgrade of some sort which I didn't took note. However, since it is intermittent as you say, it is hard to see if it has been fixed or not.

Normally, it would appear after some miles on long trips and it was pretty clear the difference. I even tried to lower the passenger temperature of 1 degree Celsius but even like that, it was still putting out hotter air from his side than from mine.