AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/)
-   -   What's this clippy thing in my glove box? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c7-platform-discussion-194/whats-clippy-thing-my-glove-box-2842139/)

Dramsey 02-06-2013 05:06 PM

What's this clippy thing in my glove box?

2013 A6:

http://neko.com/~dramsey/images/glovebox_clip.jpg

So far, my best guess is to hold a stick-type tire pressure gauge.

snagitseven 02-06-2013 06:19 PM

I keep a pen in there and my insurance and registration under the clip.

atecson 02-06-2013 06:20 PM

That's what I use it for. Others have found it useful to hold a pen or pencil.

snagitseven 02-06-2013 07:15 PM

As long as we're talking glove boxes, I really like the feature of the adjustable a/c outlet inside the glove that allows for keeping (sealed) drinks cold in warm weather. Used it on a long trip last summer quite a bit.

And totally unrelated, but worth awarding to Audi a gold star, are the two nifty under front seat storage compartments that are perfect for stashing compact umbrellas.

NVThs1 02-07-2013 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24405179)
As long as we're talking glove boxes, I really like the feature of the adjustable a/c outlet inside the glove that allows for keeping (sealed) drinks cold in warm weather. Used it on a long trip last summer quite a bit.

And totally unrelated, but worth awarding to Audi a gold star, are the two nifty under front seat storage compartments that are perfect for stashing compact umbrellas.

I need to take a closer look at the glove box in the light of day. No clue I had a clip or the AC control. I just like the shelf feature. I also like the under seat storage. However my material in there does not fill it and when I get on the car a little with braking and gas, I can hear it rattling around in there. 1st world problems though.

In all, I like all the storage in the car. When I leave, the car appears empty except for a pad of paper in my drivers side door pocket. Everything else is concealed.

PJRed2008 02-07-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by NVThs1 (Post 24405276)
In all, I like all the storage in the car. When I leave, the car appears empty except for a pad of paper in my drivers side door pocket. Everything else is concealed.

Agree, but I wish they would have left the AMI interface in a lockable compartment.I no longer use an iPod in the car, but mostly due to having no protection for whatever is connected to the AMI.

manishaudi 02-07-2013 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by snagitseven (Post 24405157)
I keep a pen in there and my insurance and registration under the clip.

+1 That is exactly what I use it for as well

+1 I haven't used the refrigeration feature yet, but I like that we have it. Also, I use those front seat storage compartments all the time, they are very useful.

Dramsey 02-07-2013 08:32 AM

Wow, I had no idea those existed! And a compact umbrella fits perfectly!

snagitseven 02-07-2013 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Dramsey (Post 24405343)
Wow, I had no idea those existed! And a compact umbrella fits perfectly!

Yeah, we call those hidden gems.

dht34 02-07-2013 09:13 AM

Pen and small pad.