Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's this clippy thing in my glove box?

Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

What's this clippy thing in my glove box?

 
Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 AM
  #11  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
DeerHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 1,105
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
As long as we're talking glove boxes, I really like the feature of the adjustable a/c outlet inside the glove that allows for keeping (sealed) drinks cold in warm weather. Used it on a long trip last summer quite a bit.
Perhaps I'm blind and/or dense, but I cannot find anything in my glove box that looks like an A/C controller, let alone an outlet. Did they delete this feature on the S6 and, if not, can someone please point it out to me?
DeerHunter is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM
  #12  
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE Massachusetts, U.S.
Posts: 13,947
Default

Originally Posted by DeerHunter View Post
Perhaps I'm blind and/or dense, but I cannot find anything in my glove box that looks like an A/C controller, let alone an outlet. Did they delete this feature on the S6 and, if not, can someone please point it out to me?
It's not anything as sophisticated as a controller. In my 2013 Prestige A6, it's simply a small a/c vent that can be opened or closed and, as I recall, it's located in the rear left side of the glove box interior.
Perhaps it's only in the A6 or included in Prestige models.
snagitseven is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:33 AM
  #13  
AudiWorld Super User
 
irenesbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,268
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
It's not anything as sophisticated as a controller. In my 2013 Prestige A6, it's simply a small a/c vent that can be opened or closed and, as I recall, it's located in the rear left side of the glove box interior.
Perhaps it's only in the A6 or included in Prestige models.
I think Jeep Compass and maybe Dodge Calber have had cooled glove boxes for years, ditto some VW's (Jetta?).
irenesbob is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM
  #14  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 85
Default

The sunroof opens alot more than when you use the one touch automatic open feature. If you push back on the switch again it opens fully instead of just 3/4 of the way.

This may have been obvious to some, but it took me a couple months to discover.
mirin S6 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 AM
  #15  
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE Massachusetts, U.S.
Posts: 13,947
Default

Here's another one I discovered 5 years ago in my A4: those small plastic spring-loaded T-hooks under the trunk roof. They work well to hold smaller grocery bags or the hangers on dry cleaning. If you have the cargo net, you can also stretch and attach it to the hooks to provide a kind of storage tent to hold larger items in place. (Since the A6 doesn't come with one these days, I took the net from my A4 before trading it in and it fits perfectly attached to the metal floor clasps).
snagitseven is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
  #16  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
NVThs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Plainfield IL
Posts: 666
Default

Originally Posted by snagitseven View Post
Here's another one I discovered 5 years ago in my A4: those small plastic spring-loaded T-hooks under the trunk roof.
I love these hooks. My buddy just bought a 2012 A4 and I showed him the hooks. He said the dealer never showed him, and like us, he finds great use for them.

Originally Posted by mirin S6 View Post
The sunroof opens alot more than when you use the one touch automatic open feature. If you push back on the switch again it opens fully instead of just 3/4 of the way.
This was a feature in my first A6 as well. In fact all Audis I am pretty sure has this feature for an extra opening. Word of caution, I find if you just have the sunroof open all the way, it will create some kind of disturbance in the air flow that makes my ears feel funny. It messes with my head, so I have to at least crack a window just a little to allow the air to flow through the cabin in a more complete "stream"
NVThs1 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM
  #17  
AudiWorld Super User
 
irenesbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,268
Default

Originally Posted by NVThs1 View Post
Word of caution, I find if you just have the sunroof open all the way, it will create some kind of disturbance in the air flow that makes my ears feel funny. It messes with my head, so I have to at least crack a window just a little to allow the air to flow through the cabin in a more complete "stream"
Bah! on sunroofs - they are only for the genetically inferior among us that actually have hair on their heads. I keep the slding inner lid closed at all times in fear that the reflection of the sun off my "dome" might blind another driver. See, I am always considerate of my fellow drivers.
irenesbob is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM
  #18  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 125
Default Underseat storage

I found my small umbrellas are a little too big for the space allowed. However I find that my survival knife (switchblade) the Air Force gave me fits quite well. Never forget "The Bonfire of the Vanities"!!
habu is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
  #19  
AudiWorld Member
 
Blackz06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So California
Posts: 290
Default

I noticed the other day that when you close the center console (the main one, not the one with the clip) at different speeds it locks into place at different heights. Close it fast and it nearly fits flush to the center column. Close it slowly and it sits about 1/2"-3/4" higher. Only thing I can figure is that it is there either for adjustability for different driver heights or that my center console is defective. Maybe someone can test theirs out.
Blackz06 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:10 PM
  #20  
AudiWorld Super User
 
snagitseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SE Massachusetts, U.S.
Posts: 13,947
Default

That's the way it works. There's a gear in there that allows you lock it to different heights. If you raise it all the way, you can then take it all the way down to the console and then as you raise it up slowly, it will lock to that height. Same as on my '09 A4 so Audi has used this design for several years.
snagitseven is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's this clippy thing in my glove box?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: