Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bosch TDI Settlement

Old 09-19-2017, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch TDI Settlement

I continue to be amazed at the incompetency/inefficiency of the folks at Bosch. Today I received a check for $750 as part of the 3.0 TDI settlement. The agreed-upon settlement was $1500, so I assumed that this was a payment for 1/2 of the settlement to parallel the 1/2 payment I have already received from VW/Audi. There was no letter of explanation with the check that stated such. To make matters even worse, a disclaimer is printed on the check that endorsing and cashing it will release Bosch from all claims from the settlement.
Obviously I'm not going to cash the check. I called the Bosch hotline and spoke with a very polite, very clueless representative who said she understood my issue but had no idea why I would have received only half the agreed-upon amount. She said she would investigate and call me back in 3 business days. We'll see...
Old 09-19-2017, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverendbiker
I continue to be amazed at the incompetency/inefficiency of the folks at Bosch. Today I received a check for $750 as part of the 3.0 TDI settlement. The agreed-upon settlement was $1500, so I assumed that this was a payment for 1/2 of the settlement to parallel the 1/2 payment I have already received from VW/Audi. There was no letter of explanation with the check that stated such. To make matters even worse, a disclaimer is printed on the check that endorsing and cashing it will release Bosch from all claims from the settlement.
Obviously I'm not going to cash the check. I called the Bosch hotline and spoke with a very polite, very clueless representative who said she understood my issue but had no idea why I would have received only half the agreed-upon amount. She said she would investigate and call me back in 3 business days. We'll see...
Interesting, will see if I get a half check also. Thanks for the post.
EDIT: I got the same check with the same disclaimer. Will be holding on to this check until it's resolved.

Last edited by ByByBMW; 09-19-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Exact thing happened to me today and I called the hotline as well. The lady I spoke with said I got $750 because a former owner must have filed a claim, too. Interestingly, I will be receiving the FULL amount from VW. I stated that to her explaining that it made no sense to receive a full VW payout because no former owner had submitted a claim yet somehow a former owner decide to file with Bosch?!? The Bosch website does clearly state that the payout will be split if more than one owner files a claim. I just find it highly unlikely that a former owner didn't get his or her act together to file with VW. I, too, was promised a call back in a few days after my file is reviewed. I explicitly asked for the name of the former owner as I think they're trying to cheat.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by tutone
Exact thing happened to me today and I called the hotline as well. The lady I spoke with said I got $750 because a former owner must have filed a claim, too. Interestingly, I will be receiving the FULL amount from VW. I stated that to her explaining that it made no sense to receive a full VW payout because no former owner had submitted a claim yet somehow a former owner decide to file with Bosch?!? The Bosch website does clearly state that the payout will be split if more than one owner files a claim. I just find it highly unlikely that a former owner didn't get his or her act together to file with VW. I, too, was promised a call back in a few days after my file is reviewed. I explicitly asked for the name of the former owner as I think they're trying to cheat.
Did your car have a former owner?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
Interesting, will see if I get a half check also. Thanks for the post.
EDIT: I got the same check with the same disclaimer. Will be holding on to this check until it's resolved.
Did you car have a former owner?
Old 09-20-2017, 02:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Old 09-20-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car had a former lessee but they didn't submit a claim to VW. It's hard to fathom they would submit a claim to Bosch for a much smaller payout.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Nope.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nope.
That makes it really strange.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received half the check, no former owner at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bosch TDI Settlement