Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Yeah, I wonder what that screen is for. Maybe to keep ping-pong ***** out of the tank?
I would expect to keep debris out of the reservoir. I had one catch foil from the fluid bottle once. I guess I didn't get it all off the bottle.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

Little off topic but are the spray nozzles heated on our cars to prevent freezing?
Old 02-12-2014, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by atlanta A6
Little off topic but are the spray nozzles heated on our cars to prevent freezing?
Page 47 of my manual states that they are heated when at low temps and the ignition is on.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by q5q7
Do you have a pic to inform me where it is...?
I just use a cap that you can unscrew to open and close and control the flow. Just get the bottle and cap in position and unscrew the cap slowly, fill it up and close the cap when you are done. No spills and good aim.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the idea of the screen. The fluid jugs have hard to remove foil and plastic seals that sometimes rip apart into little pieces - the screen can keep these out rather than them fouling up the pump and tubes. Also, sometimes when you open the hood there are leaves or small debris in that area close to the cowl, so the screen keeps that stuff out too. I wish they had a little plastic catch or post to hold the blue reservoir cap open. If I do spill some fluid it is usually because that pesky tethered cap falls into the fluid stream and splashes fluid around.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
I just use a cap that you can unscrew to open and close and control the flow. Just get the bottle and cap in position and unscrew the cap slowly, fill it up and close the cap when you are done. No spills and good aim.
Been using this twist valve "bottle top" for years. Why would someone use anything else? I have one for washer fluid and another I use for anti-freeze fluid.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I like the idea of the screen. The fluid jugs have hard to remove foil and plastic seals that sometimes rip apart into little pieces - the screen can keep these out rather than them fouling up the pump and tubes. Also, sometimes when you open the hood there are leaves or small debris in that area close to the cowl, so the screen keeps that stuff out too. I wish they had a little plastic catch or post to hold the blue reservoir cap open. If I do spill some fluid it is usually because that pesky tethered cap falls into the fluid stream and splashes fluid around.
+1
Old 02-16-2014, 05:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using those little caps also. I picked mine up at Auto-Zone or Advance Auto years ago, I just keep one for anti-freeze, one for washer fluid, and an extra for whatever I may need it for.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 95 Likes on 44 Posts

These containers made by No-Spill are getting pretty good reviews although a bit pricey. I especially like their push-button design of their gas containers for my other machines. I absolutely hate the typical CARB requirement gas cans made today - they cause more gas spills than the old non-reg designs. Amazon has the No-Spill containers.

http://www.nospill.com/Products.html
Old 02-16-2014, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default SNAGIT - check this

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Yeah, I wonder what that screen is for. Maybe to keep ping-pong ***** out of the tank?
If you view this post of yours (#10 in this thread) when you are not logged in you cannot see that naughty word "*****" you typed. I guess the AW nanny thinks such raunchiness is OK once we've logged in - lol

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster