Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
If you view this post of yours (#10 in this thread) when you are not logged in you cannot see that naughty word "*****" you typed. I guess the AW nanny thinks such raunchiness is OK once we've logged in - lol
Yeah, that makes no ******* ******, especially when you consider that the ****** and the ****** are not ******* or *******. I can't fully ******* this ******* methodology. Perhaps it's because the ******** is only ******* when you ******* or decide to ********. Or not. Only the web designer knows for sure.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol are we really complaining about refilling the washer fluid... it maybe be in a slightly less ideal spot but it's not even remotely hard/annoying.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Taktix1
lol are we really complaining about refilling the washer fluid... it maybe be in a slightly less ideal spot but it's not even remotely hard/annoying.
It really is not a big deal for me. I just find the cover poorly designed. The placement of the reservoir is already poor, but with the cap constantly getting in the way during filling I have to use one hand to hold the cap up and the other to hold the bottle. I'd rather be able to use both hands on the bottle as I have with every other car I've owned.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Banned

When an A6 owner resorts to calling the washer fluid reservoir cap a disaster, the car is damn near perfect in my book.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
It really is not a big deal for me. I just find the cover poorly designed. The placement of the reservoir is already poor, but with the cap constantly getting in the way during filling I have to use one hand to hold the cap up and the other to hold the bottle. I'd rather be able to use both hands on the bottle as I have with every other car I've owned.
Just 3 days a week working out that arm and no more problems holding a bottle with one hand
Old 02-16-2014, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by feralc
Just 3 days a week working out that arm and no more problems holding a bottle with one hand
Lol! I'll have to put more focus into my gym routine on my right forearm!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by in2dwww
When an A6 owner resorts to calling the washer fluid reservoir cap a disaster, the car is damn near perfect in my book.
Could not have been better said.

Or he has only owned an audi for 2 hours. Or never needed a warranty repair at a dealer.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Worldwidebeagle
Could not have been better said.

Or he has only owned an audi for 2 hours. Or never needed a warranty repair at a dealer.
I honestly mean the A6 is perfect. The gripe about the washer fluid cap was tantamount to a slow news day.

For real complaint action, I visit the threads about transmission woes on the current E-class.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I am hoping it is our servants who are doing complaining. Given that, why would an Audi owner bother to listen to them? Personally, I cannot imagine having to fill my own fluid reservior, regardless of where it's located.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I find the placement of the windshield washer rservoir and the cap very poor. Spills everytime. I'm working on a solution and will keep you informed. Should be under $20 with zero spills.

Quick Reply: Windshield Washer Fillup is a disaster