Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
I have always had more fun going fast than sounding like I'm going fast!
Lol same here. Last car I had was a 2013 Nissan 370Z touring w/ sports package and had intakes on it. That car was soooo fun to drive! But unfortunately had to trade it in for a AWD car and came across the 2012 Audi A6 Quattro and test drove it and loved it. Then made a deal for it.

Do you think injen still makes intake for our cars?? Nvm lol

Went to injens website and they don't have it for the A6, only A4, A5, A7, B8, and S4. Sorry if I don't know German cars that well. I'm not sure which Audis use the same engine as the A6 so I can get the injen intake.

Last edited by audia612; 08-15-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by audia612

Do you think injen still makes intake for our cars?? Nvm lol

Went to injens website and they don't have it for the A6, only A4, A5, A7, B8, and S4. Sorry if I don't know German cars that well. I'm not sure which Audis use the same engine as the A6 so I can get the injen intake.

You need the A7 one. The A6 and A7 are the same car under the skin.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mike_L
You need the A7 one. The A6 and A7 are the same car under the skin.
Ohh sweet! thanks man! Would you happen to know all the light bulb sizes or know a chart online? I looked through the owners manual and it tells me to have an authorized Audi dealer install it. I am wanting to change out the front turn signal bulbs to LEDs amber and change the reverse light to LEDs. I have OEM xenon headlights.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Banned

Ohh sweet! thanks man! Would you happen to know all the light bulb sizes or know a chart online? I looked through the owners manual and it tells me to have an authorized Audi dealer install it. I am wanting to change out the front turn signal bulbs to LEDs amber and change the reverse light to LEDs. I have OEM xenon headlights.
Sylvania has a chart on their site. Not gonna be able to run LEDs though. They throw codes, even the CANBus bulbs with resistors. Already tried that.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sylvania has a chart on their site. Not gonna be able to run LEDs though. They throw codes, even the CANBus bulbs with resistors. Already tried that.
Oh wow. That sucks. So can't run LEDs for both of them?
Old 08-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Oh wow. That sucks. So can't run LEDs for both of them?
I don't know for sure about the front as I had LED headlights. I know for sure the back ups don't work.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't know for sure about the front as I had LED headlights. I know for sure the back ups don't work.
Ohh ok, well damn cant even upgrade the reverse lights lol.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Banned

All the Germans are like that. I'm having the same problem with the BMW. Put HIDs in the fog lights, not enough power to ignite them. Used a relay harness, threw a bulb out code. Put LED bulbs in them with resistors, more bulb out codes. Tried the same thing in the rear fogs and back up bulbs. Yet more codes. No idea why the Germans are so **** about using stock crap.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

All the Germans are like that. I'm having the same problem with the BMW. Put HIDs in the fog lights, not enough power to ignite them. Used a relay harness, threw a bulb out code. Put LED bulbs in them with resistors, more bulb out codes. Tried the same thing in the rear fogs and back up bulbs. Yet more codes. No idea why the Germans are so **** about using stock crap.
Wow that sucks..was looking forward to replace some stock bulbs with LEDs. I'm guessing interior done lights will throw codes too?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:30 AM
Banned

Wow that sucks..was looking forward to replace some stock bulbs with LEDs. I'm guessing interior done lights will throw codes too?
I'm told the interiors can be done. Or you have the option of getting the lights from the Prestige trim, which are LED from the factory.

Quick Reply: Is it worth it?