A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2018 S6 or 2019 A6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I specifically went for a 2018 build of an A6 biturbo diesel with all the options including air suspension and dynamic steering. I dis not want touch screens everywhere and I love the lines of the C7.5. I have not been disappointed - and with an ECU upgrade - its almost unbeatable. Cant get that motor anymore.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I’d get the C7.5 S6 and tune the hell out of it. I can live without the new technology for the V8.

And I’m with SCarGuy and gk1. I rented a Chrysler 300C and that touchscreen was so irritating to use, especially when you’re driving and have to look away. Same with VWs. I even had a loaner X5 and 430xi and they have both touchscreen and buttons and I must say, once the novelty of the touchscreen wore off, it was buttons all day every day.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yep. I think the touch screens are over rated. I like to make adjustments while still looking ahead - so ***** and switches do it for me!!
Old 12-09-2018, 03:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grmj
Yep. I think the touch screens are over rated. I like to make adjustments while still looking ahead - so ***** and switches do it for me!!
I like touch screeens, but agree that they’re more distracting than buttons.

I test drove a 2019 A6 and E450 yesterday.

Starting the day, I was leaning toward the E. After the test drives, though, I’m leaning strongly toward the A6.

. The Siri like voice interface in the A6 was truly amazing and goes a long way toward mitigating touch screen issues. The voice interface on the E was mediocre.

. I much preferred the A6 normal tires and a spare (albeit donut) over the E run-flats.

. I was concerned that the steel springs on the A6 wouldn’t be as smooth as the air springs in the E. Wrong. Both were excellent in this regard.

. Engine and handling performance seemed identical in both.

. The E has a much more functional smartphone interface, with remote start.

. Not the major factor, but similarly equipped the A6 was substantially less expensive.

HBH
Old 01-04-2019, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
People who think they will love it won't. People who think they hate it will grow to love it. Such is life
Not sure that's how things work...
Old 01-05-2019, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by swedesc
Not sure that's how things work...
I didn't mean this as an absolute, but rather a spectrum. I am uniquely positioned in that I am dealing with the buyer on a daily basis at this level, but, am a frequent buyer myself. My tastes have absolutely shifted personally, as my needs have changed. What I prefer overall about the new setup, is the level of voice control it has vs the version in my current car (which is an 18). I have personally found with clients so far, letting them use the car, drive the car for extended periods of time, helps. The previous, more analog (if you will) setups from the 18 A4, A5, Q5 et al are much simpler to show people quickly. The new setups require a different, more in depth approach. So, I have adjusted my test drives accordingly. Ultimately though, as in any career, it's about simply listening to what the client tells you is important to them, and matching the product, based on your experience and knowledge, with what will best satisfy their wants and needs.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Love the touchscreen on my 2019 A6 Prestige . Easy to wipe clean but most times we use voice commands to do stuff. Love that I can use my cell to open Waze app for driving.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't mean this as an absolute, but rather a spectrum. I am uniquely positioned in that I am dealing with the buyer on a daily basis at this level, but, am a frequent buyer myself. My tastes have absolutely shifted personally, as my needs have changed. What I prefer overall about the new setup, is the level of voice control it has vs the version in my current car (which is an 18). I have personally found with clients so far, letting them use the car, drive the car for extended periods of time, helps. The previous, more analog (if you will) setups from the 18 A4, A5, Q5 et al are much simpler to show people quickly. The new setups require a different, more in depth approach. So, I have adjusted my test drives accordingly. Ultimately though, as in any career, it's about simply listening to what the client tells you is important to them, and matching the product, based on your experience and knowledge, with what will best satisfy their wants and needs.
sounds more like wishful thinking. If that was the case dealers would have more sales on their lot.
However, that's not the case in today's World.
Old 01-07-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659
sounds more like wishful thinking. If that was the case dealers would have more sales on their lot.
However, that's not the case in today's World.
idk what you mean by “more sales on their lot” but ok

I’m doing this in today’s world - on a daily basis.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

idk what you mean by “more sales on their lot” but ok

I’m doing this in today’s world - on a daily basis.

you said "listening to what the client tells you is important to them, and matching the product, based on your experience and knowledge, with what will best satisfy their wants and needs".
That is what I meant wishful thinking.
However, not all dealers are the same.
Dealers I've encountered wont listen to customers needs but push vehicles even if customer dont need the features offered.
In today's World people are more aware with the economy unless you're rich.

Quick Reply: 2018 S6 or 2019 A6?