A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy

as I’ve been instructured so far, the A8 has those, but A6 and A7, at least at launch, do not
When I ordered my 2019 A6 I selected contour seats for the Prestige model as well as 20" wheels which was part of the sports suspension... I would assume the order price guide is legit and you are talking the Premium model A6?

Last edited by Doug2.7; 10-09-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug2.7
When I ordered my 2019 A6 I selected contour seats for the Prestige model as well as 20" wheels which was part of the sports suspension... I would assume the order price guide is legit and you are talking the Premium model A6?
I took it as he was talking about the Adaptive chassis package which includes the 4 wheel steering and the adaptive dampers. The order guide and the features list show the contour seats as available, it is the Build on the web site that does not.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
I took it as he was talking about the Adaptive chassis package which includes the 4 wheel steering and the adaptive dampers. The order guide and the features list show the contour seats as available, it is the Build on the web site that does not.
That's what I am hoping for... BTW, I would have ordered the adaptive package as well... I find it intuitive in it's ability to stay level in cornering and lifting up the impact side in case of an accident...
Old 10-10-2018, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Doug2.7
That's what I am hoping for... BTW, I would have ordered the adaptive package as well... I find it intuitive in it's ability to stay level in cornering and lifting up the impact side in case of an accident...
Hopefully it will be available down the road but every press article I read said it would only be available in the future on the S and RS models in the future. I was really happy to see it on the features list and the original hidden Build they had. I guess we will see.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just got an email from Audi. Said it is only a matter of days before the 4 new models are at dealers. Hopefully it will be days and not months.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It’s a shame that Audi keeps giving EU adverts with all of the new features and options but then they take their time working out how to screw it up for the US market by removing the innovation.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
It’s a shame that Audi keeps giving EU adverts with all of the new features and options but then they take their time working out how to screw it up for the US market by removing the innovation.
I'm hoping (probably very wrongly) that in a few months we will see them offering most, if not all, options on the US models. They can't be that bad in their markets on their web site in regards to the features list and the content of the model pages, can they?
Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

[QUOTE=TheTurtleBoy;25222365]Just got an email from Audi. Said it is only a matter of days before the 4 new models are at dealers. Hopefully it will be days and not months.

I got the same email from a dealer. I hope the timing of the email is significant and not just part of a plan developed months ago. Since the new A6 commercials have been running for over one week, any significant delays in availability would reduce the effectiveness of the marketing effort, indicating disconnect between the planned introduction and events on the ground.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE=Stillrestless;25222379]
I got the same email from a dealer. I hope the timing of the email is significant and not just part of a plan developed months ago. Since the new A6 commercials have been running for over one week, any significant delays in availability would reduce the effectiveness of the marketing effort, indicating disconnect between the planned introduction and events on the ground.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. We should find out in a week or so I would imagine.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm hoping (probably very wrongly) that in a few months we will see them offering most, if not all, options on the US models. They can't be that bad in their markets on their web site in regards to the features list and the content of the model pages, can they?
Like anything else mass produced, I would assume wiring and electronics are the same as EU models. So, I would also assume in the future we will get self parking, etc... Probably depends on initial sales and adding value if sales don't materialize... I really wanted air suspension. It's on the US A8... For me the safety issues far outweigh that AudiUSA only wants the A8 and others besides the A6 to have that option now. Oh well... I did email my salesman and asked that he contact me when the 2019 A6's show up.... He said he would so we'll see. My build is still late November to mid December...

Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?