A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Old 10-17-2018, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 776 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by farmerjones
on cars with the particulate filter new to the gas engines.
Can you please elaborate? What is this?
Old 10-17-2018, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by angrypengu
A few people here have brought up air suspension on the A6.

This will be an option at launch for Canadian 2019 A6s, even though it doesn't show up on audi.ca right now. It is on the order guide for Canada. Same thing with the exterior light package for the A8. Not on audi.ca, but it's on the order guide and orderable at launch.
On the US website it doesn't show the air suspension as a feature but rather the adaptive dampers. I have read a number of reviews of the A6 with the air suspension and just about every one, if not every one, recommended not getting it because the ride was unsettled. One reviewer said that the air suspension transmitted every road imperfection to his thighs through the seat. Granted these were the European models so hopefully it would be tuned differently for this side of the ocean.

Also a number of reviewers mention that they would skip the all wheel steering since it feels weird the way it disconnects and reconnects when turning. I have not done any more research into that but definitely will as well as test drive should it ever become available here.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
On the US website it doesn't show the air suspension as a feature but rather the adaptive dampers. I have read a number of reviews of the A6 with the air suspension and just about every one, if not every one, recommended not getting it because the ride was unsettled. One reviewer said that the air suspension transmitted every road imperfection to his thighs through the seat. Granted these were the European models so hopefully it would be tuned differently for this side of the ocean.

Also a number of reviewers mention that they would skip the all wheel steering since it feels weird the way it disconnects and reconnects when turning. I have not done any more research into that but definitely will as well as test drive should it ever become available here.
The Canadian website also doesn't show it as a feature, but it is order-able. Can you please share where you read or saw that feedback? Carwow is my go to place for reviews and the comment from their chief reviewer was that the air suspension is absolutely awesome. I have no thoughts/comments on the 4 wheel steering as once I got that far in my review process, I decided the A8L was my next car (or the 2019 S class).

Here is the order guide for Canada.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Canadian website also doesn't show it as a feature, but it is order-able. Can you please share where you read or saw that feedback? Carwow is my go to place for reviews and the comment from their chief reviewer was that the air suspension is absolutely awesome. I have no thoughts/comments on the 4 wheel steering as once I got that far in my review process, I decided the A8L was my next car (or the 2019 S class).

Here is the order guide for Canada.
Our order guide, at least the most lates I have seen, does not mention adaptive dampers or air suspension. In my original post I should have qualified my statement with foreign reviews. The domestic ones I have read did not really mention the air suspension ride or the steering other than it wouldn't; be available here. I did a quick search and could only find one of the reviews that I read from Autocar in the UK. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/a6
Old 10-17-2018, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
Our order guide, at least the most lates I have seen, does not mention adaptive dampers or air suspension. In my original post I should have qualified my statement with foreign reviews. The domestic ones I have read did not really mention the air suspension ride or the steering other than it wouldn't; be available here. I did a quick search and could only find one of the reviews that I read from Autocar in the UK. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/a6
Thanks for the clarification. News to me - I learned something today. BTW, here is the one I was referencing:

Old 10-17-2018, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the clarification. News to me - I learned something today. BTW, here is the one I was referencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QQrqobDAG4
Thanks I will check it out.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

For those keeping score, A8 and Q8 were going to be the first approved for customs clearance. That has now occurred as of a little while ago. Cars marked sold are given the priority, but look for cars to start arriving at dealers in the next couple of weeks depending on where you're located related to the port that services your area.

Next up for clearance will be 19 A6 and A7's

The sky indeed, is not falling
Old 10-19-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
For those keeping score, A8 and Q8 were going to be the first approved for customs clearance. That has now occurred as of a little while ago. Cars marked sold are given the priority, but look for cars to start arriving at dealers in the next couple of weeks depending on where you're located related to the port that services your area.

Next up for clearance will be 19 A6 and A7's

The sky indeed, is not falling
Thanks for the info!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I’m still having a hard time getting excited over a first year model that doesn’t have the greatest reviews but all I have read do not pertain to the watered down model that will be offered to the USA.
I suspect that the “sporty” ride will be similar to the C7’s bone-shaker. The new MMI will be a fingerprint laden interface that can only be used on smooth roads (which don’t exist in the USA). Features that exist in the EU will be unavailable and therefore will remain just a tease for us. To buy one, sight unseen, is a brave person indeed.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DB22
I’m still having a hard time getting excited over a first year model that doesn’t have the greatest reviews but all I have read do not pertain to the watered down model that will be offered to the USA.
I suspect that the “sporty” ride will be similar to the C7’s bone-shaker. The new MMI will be a fingerprint laden interface that can only be used on smooth roads (which don’t exist in the USA). Features that exist in the EU will be unavailable and therefore will remain just a tease for us. To buy one, sight unseen, is a brave person indeed.
I won't comment on the ride because this the C8 is a "third" vehicle option for me so my research is not as extensive. That said, I feel I can comment on the MMI since I've done a lot of research on the A8's MMI and the mode operates similarly, if not, the same. It seems like the best UI out there these days is on the BMW. The Merc is a close second, and then now we have all of this touch screen crap. I don't disagree with you that these screens will be fingerprint hell, even if one applies some sort of vehicle wax on the screen (works for smart phones). That said though, not sure if you've ever dicked around with the Lexus system. That one will cause a car crash.

So all things being equal, I think the MMI will take some getting used to, but I think we're all figure it out eventually.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?