A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2018, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
I’m still having a hard time getting excited over a first year model that doesn’t have the greatest reviews but all I have read do not pertain to the watered down model that will be offered to the USA.
I suspect that the “sporty” ride will be similar to the C7’s bone-shaker. The new MMI will be a fingerprint laden interface that can only be used on smooth roads (which don’t exist in the USA). Features that exist in the EU will be unavailable and therefore will remain just a tease for us. To buy one, sight unseen, is a brave person indeed.
I have a 2019 A7 on order, delivery late November. I was excited about it, but after reading your post and knowing how much I LOVE my 2014 A6 (and its MMI), I am starting to have buyers remorse!
Old 10-20-2018, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If you have a C7 then hold your arm outstretched to the screen and see how much a finger moves while going along a typically crap road. This test proves that hitting the correct character while driving is hit and miss. Does anyone hold their iPad at arms length while having somebody shake you and be able to type? The only reason for a touch pad in a car is for the manufacturer to save money not make a better interface.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 777 Likes on 569 Posts

If you have a C7 then hold your arm outstretched to the screen and see how much a finger moves while going along a typically crap road. This test proves that hitting the correct character while driving is hit and miss. Does anyone hold their iPad at arms length while having somebody shake you and be able to type? The only reason for a touch pad in a car is for the manufacturer to save money not make a better interface.
Maybe, sure - it's a theory, but that said if I did buy the A6, it'd be with the air springs, and with the A8, it comes with a super cushy ride. I'll make my own opinions once I drive them IRL, but since none of us have driven the 2019 A6/8, don't you think it's a bit premature to form an opinion without having driven it?
Old 10-20-2018, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I’m still having a hard time getting excited over a first year model that doesn’t have the greatest reviews but all I have read do not pertain to the watered down model that will be offered to the USA.
I suspect that the “sporty” ride will be similar to the C7’s bone-shaker. The new MMI will be a fingerprint laden interface that can only be used on smooth roads (which don’t exist in the USA). Features that exist in the EU will be unavailable and therefore will remain just a tease for us. To buy one, sight unseen, is a brave person indeed.
To add to that prices are expensive to lease or own one.
The A6 and A8 looking identical
The SLine does not open the exhaust port to show exhaust tips
Trunk smaller that the predecessor
No longer a supercharged option but a twin turbo
wonder how is the latency on the twin turbo.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhandsbites
Are any dealerships showing incoming inventory on their websites?
The dealership in Long Island will have the A6's in two weeks.
Beginning of November i'll be seeing the 2019 Audi A6 Prestige
Old 10-20-2018, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Maybe, sure - it's a theory, but that said if I did buy the A6, it'd be with the air springs, and with the A8, it comes with a super cushy ride. I'll make my own opinions once I drive them IRL, but since none of us have driven the 2019 A6/8, don't you think it's a bit premature to form an opinion without having driven it?
You, mistakenly, forgot to put your location under your logon name and I’m not convinced that the US A6 will have the air springs. Even the EU tests have not stated that the ride is “cushy”.
My theory can easily be tested by holding your arm out and watching your hand move around.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You, mistakenly, forgot to put your location under your logon name and I’m not convinced that the US A6 will have the air springs. Even the EU tests have not stated that the ride is “cushy”.
My theory can easily be tested by holding your arm out and watching your hand move around.
Your theory isn't painting the whole picture. Try bracing your arms like we all can against the gear shifter.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Your theory isn't painting the whole picture. Try bracing your arms like we all can against the gear shifter.
and then reach the top display? I don’t have 14 inch fingers.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

and then reach the top display? I don’t have 14 inch fingers.
Most of the input is done on the lower screen. For example Temp controls and navigation address entry.

That said feel free to knock something before you have tried it. I'll approach things with a more open mind. To each their own.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

tons of engineers in here, and wet blankets

how about wait until the car is in, drive it....if you like it cool, if you don't like it, that's cool too

Last edited by SCarGuy; 10-20-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?