AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   2019 A6 Arrival? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/2019-a6-arrival-2960191/)

mrhandsbites 10-06-2018 09:30 AM

2019 A6 Arrival?
 
Hi, does anyone know when we will start to see the 2019 A6 first arriving to U.S. dealerships?

Stillrestless 10-06-2018 10:50 AM

I checked with my local dealer on Oct. 4, and was told a few cars arrived on Oct. 1 at Davisville. But, there is an EPA port-hold at the moment. No firm ETA, but hopefully by the last week of this month.

Doug2.7 10-06-2018 11:07 AM

My dealer gets two early November and mine comes either late November or NLT mid December... I'm on the west coast so East coast gets Audi's earlier...

ven7782 10-06-2018 07:10 PM

Are folks paying MSRP for the A6?

farmerjones 10-06-2018 07:40 PM

Sweet. Another port hold. How long will this one take? Based on past experiences I'd be shocked to see the car this year show up at dealers. I'm considering ordering a 2019 R8....dealer told me due to issues Audi won't disclose I'm likely looking at a over a year wait for my order if placed today. I'm so over Audi's product planning/rollout. And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.

TheTurtleBoy 10-07-2018 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25220752)
And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.

I don't know, Audi is bad but Genesis is really having problems. As of right now only 3 dealers in the entire US can sell the 2019 models. Genesis corp won't communicate at all about the situation and existing dealers are mostly clueless. Figures, finally ready to get a new car and the two manufactures I'm down to can't find their way out of a paper bag. ;)

SCarGuy 10-07-2018 07:35 AM


Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25220752)
Sweet. Another port hold. How long will this one take? Based on past experiences I'd be shocked to see the car this year show up at dealers. I'm considering ordering a 2019 R8....dealer told me due to issues Audi won't disclose I'm likely looking at a over a year wait for my order if placed today. I'm so over Audi's product planning/rollout. And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.

Port holds happen anytime there is a model year change, regardless if the car is a brand new model or not. Even if the car didn't change, it has to be re-certified by the govt before it can be released from customs

That is a federal govt thing, not an Audi thing. Every single brand sold in the US goes through exactly the same process

The car will absolutely be in before the end of the year

As far as a 19 R8, there is no build guide for it, as it's not slated for production as of yet. That is why it cannot be ordered.

Just like you can't order a 19 TT-RS

TheTurtleBoy 10-07-2018 08:22 AM


Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25220872)
Port holds happen anytime there is a model year change, regardless if the car is a brand new model or not. Even if the car didn't change, it has to be re-certified by the govt before it can be released from customs

That is a federal govt thing, not an Audi thing. Every single brand sold in the US goes through exactly the same process

Don't you find it odd though that as of last week there was only one model/engine (Q7 3.0) EPA certified and there are about 1,000 from other manufactures? Either Audi intentionally waited to apply, didn't pass, or forgot to request certification? Any of them would show some type of problem, at least with management I would think. Could be wrong though I guess.

SCarGuy 10-07-2018 08:29 AM


Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy (Post 25220879)
Don't you find it odd though that as of last week there was only one model/engine (Q7 3.0) EPA certified and there are about 1,000 from other manufactures? Either Audi intentionally waited to apply, didn't pass, or forgot to request certification? Any of them would show some type of problem, at least with management I would think. Could be wrong though I guess.

No, I don't find it odd at all. Audi (and many other higher end brands) will intentionally hold model year change cars, or new cars, until inventory on current model year cars dissipates. They run on a just in time inventory basis.

The cars in the biggest demand, and with the smallest amount of relative inventory right now (of the "not new" models like A8, A7, A6, Q8) are Q7's. As such, those will be the first of the "not new" vehicles to be port released

TheTurtleBoy 10-07-2018 08:32 AM


Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25220881)
No, I don't find it odd at all. Audi (and many other higher end brands) will intentionally hold model year change cars, or new cars, until inventory on current model year cars dissipates. They run on a just in time inventory basis.

The cars in the biggest demand, and with the smallest amount of relative inventory right now (of the "not new" models like A8, A7, A6, Q8) are Q7's. As such, those will be the first of the "not new" vehicles to be port released

Ok, thanks for that perspective. I have no knowledge of the inside workings of the industry, trying to learn.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:01 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands