2019 A6 Arrival? - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Old 10-06-2018, 09:30 AM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 6
Default 2019 A6 Arrival?

Hi, does anyone know when we will start to see the 2019 A6 first arriving to U.S. dealerships?
mrhandsbites is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 10:50 AM
  #2  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8
Default

I checked with my local dealer on Oct. 4, and was told a few cars arrived on Oct. 1 at Davisville. But, there is an EPA port-hold at the moment. No firm ETA, but hopefully by the last week of this month.
Stillrestless is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 11:07 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Doug2.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ollala, Washington State
Posts: 966
Default

My dealer gets two early November and mine comes either late November or NLT mid December... I'm on the west coast so East coast gets Audi's earlier...
Doug2.7 is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 07:10 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
ven7782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Holmdel, NJ
Posts: 459
Default

Are folks paying MSRP for the A6?
ven7782 is offline  
Old 10-06-2018, 07:40 PM
  #5  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa
Posts: 710
Default

Sweet. Another port hold. How long will this one take? Based on past experiences I'd be shocked to see the car this year show up at dealers. I'm considering ordering a 2019 R8....dealer told me due to issues Audi won't disclose I'm likely looking at a over a year wait for my order if placed today. I'm so over Audi's product planning/rollout. And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.
farmerjones is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 06:41 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by farmerjones View Post
And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.
I don't know, Audi is bad but Genesis is really having problems. As of right now only 3 dealers in the entire US can sell the 2019 models. Genesis corp won't communicate at all about the situation and existing dealers are mostly clueless. Figures, finally ready to get a new car and the two manufactures I'm down to can't find their way out of a paper bag.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 07:35 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Originally Posted by farmerjones View Post
Sweet. Another port hold. How long will this one take? Based on past experiences I'd be shocked to see the car this year show up at dealers. I'm considering ordering a 2019 R8....dealer told me due to issues Audi won't disclose I'm likely looking at a over a year wait for my order if placed today. I'm so over Audi's product planning/rollout. And here I thought some other manufacturers were screwy, but Audi takes the cake.
Port holds happen anytime there is a model year change, regardless if the car is a brand new model or not. Even if the car didn't change, it has to be re-certified by the govt before it can be released from customs

That is a federal govt thing, not an Audi thing. Every single brand sold in the US goes through exactly the same process

The car will absolutely be in before the end of the year

As far as a 19 R8, there is no build guide for it, as it's not slated for production as of yet. That is why it cannot be ordered.

Just like you can't order a 19 TT-RS

Last edited by SCarGuy; 10-07-2018 at 07:37 AM.
SCarGuy is online now  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:22 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
Port holds happen anytime there is a model year change, regardless if the car is a brand new model or not. Even if the car didn't change, it has to be re-certified by the govt before it can be released from customs

That is a federal govt thing, not an Audi thing. Every single brand sold in the US goes through exactly the same process
Don't you find it odd though that as of last week there was only one model/engine (Q7 3.0) EPA certified and there are about 1,000 from other manufactures? Either Audi intentionally waited to apply, didn't pass, or forgot to request certification? Any of them would show some type of problem, at least with management I would think. Could be wrong though I guess.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:29 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,479
Default

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy View Post
Don't you find it odd though that as of last week there was only one model/engine (Q7 3.0) EPA certified and there are about 1,000 from other manufactures? Either Audi intentionally waited to apply, didn't pass, or forgot to request certification? Any of them would show some type of problem, at least with management I would think. Could be wrong though I guess.
No, I don't find it odd at all. Audi (and many other higher end brands) will intentionally hold model year change cars, or new cars, until inventory on current model year cars dissipates. They run on a just in time inventory basis.

The cars in the biggest demand, and with the smallest amount of relative inventory right now (of the "not new" models like A8, A7, A6, Q8) are Q7's. As such, those will be the first of the "not new" vehicles to be port released
SCarGuy is online now  
Old 10-07-2018, 08:32 AM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 58
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
No, I don't find it odd at all. Audi (and many other higher end brands) will intentionally hold model year change cars, or new cars, until inventory on current model year cars dissipates. They run on a just in time inventory basis.

The cars in the biggest demand, and with the smallest amount of relative inventory right now (of the "not new" models like A8, A7, A6, Q8) are Q7's. As such, those will be the first of the "not new" vehicles to be port released
Ok, thanks for that perspective. I have no knowledge of the inside workings of the industry, trying to learn.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: