A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Old 10-26-2018, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy
You have that reversed, parallel has the potential for lag. With sequential it is virtually, if not fully, eliminated. The term twin turbo only means that there are two turbos, it does not imply whether those are in parallel or sequential. The most popular setup for twin turbos is parallel which means there is a greater chance of turbo lag.

This article lays it out pretty well. https://www.carthrottle.com/post/twi...-does-it-work/
Thanks for the article.
BTW, the A8's just arrived at Biener Audi Port of Davisville.
Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow afternoon.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bravo659
Thanks for the article.
BTW, the A8's just arrived at Biener Audi Port of Davisville.
Looking forward to seeing it tomorrow afternoon.
Excellent, enjoy seeing them and maybe you will come home with a new ride.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It’s a (twin scroll) single turbo, mounted on top between the Vee. Turbo lag is minimal, tourque is up, and it weighs less.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
European delivery stopped because not enought people participated in it to make the program worthwhile.

Audi US sales are up in the short and long term. 167,480 sold as of end of September. 4% year over year to 2017, and outpacing the other luxury brands.
I agree. But also we need to take I to account is that we have to wait a few weeks for delivery in the US and still have to make payments. That is not fair at all. At least, part of the European delivery they also should take consideration and allow us to start payment upon delivery.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. But also we need to take I to account is that we have to wait a few weeks for delivery in the US and still have to make payments. That is not fair at all. At least, part of the European delivery they also should take consideration and allow us to start payment upon delivery.
I have never heard of someone needing to make payments before that car was delivered. In fact I have read the exact opposite since the terms of the lease/financing is what is available at time of delivery not time of order. I have also seen that most times dealers will do an order without taking a deposit.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Start payment when you take delivery in EU or when car arrives in US?
Old 10-29-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I don't understand what you're referring to, sorry

Make payments on what? Wait a few weeks for what? A Euro delivery? When you would do Euro delivery, which is no longer offered, paperwork was done on the car before you take your trip to the factory. So payments begin, or, the car is already paid for in cash. That is why you are able to extend the trip, and drive all over if you so choose, because it's, at that point, your car. I'm not sure how else they could have done it. Euro delivery is, you are taking delivery of the car, there, vs. taking delivery of it here. Let's you drive the car sooner, vs waiting for it to arrive here. Same basic timetables involved as taking delivery in the US when everything is factored in.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

the because the s/c 3.0 was old, and the new engine makes more torqur, earlier, better on fuel, a bit lighter

the car weighs 6000 lbs
Old 10-29-2018, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make payments on what? Wait a few weeks for what? A Euro delivery? When you would do Euro delivery, which is no longer offered, paperwork was done on the car before you take your trip to the factory. So payments begin, or, the car is already paid for in cash. That is why you are able to extend the trip, and drive all over if you so choose, because it's, at that point, your car. I'm not sure how else they could have done it. Euro delivery is, you are taking delivery of the car, there, vs. taking delivery of it here. Let's you drive the car sooner, vs waiting for it to arrive here. Same basic timetables involved as taking delivery in the US when everything is factored in.
when ordering under European delivery you have to start payments immediately prior upon delivery of the vehicle.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

same thing I said you must make your payments.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?