A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HSPG
A6, A7s are here. Just did a test drive.
and? what did you think?
Old 11-07-2018, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alphatero
and? what did you think?
Great rides! The turbo engine feels much more powerful than the supercharged V6. Ride is super smooth even with 20 s-line wheels and lowered suspension.

Interior feels larger compared to the current model especially the rear seats. I somehow don’t like the wood panels, either too dark or too brown.

Touch screens are very nice. The build quality is on par with the current model, much better than the Q8. But in one of the A7s I found a somewhat loose top screen that makes squeeze noise when pressing hard.

Look wise... it’s a great looking car. But any better than the current A7 or the new A6? Not so sure. I do like the bigger wheel well. Makes a difference to me.

I drive a 2016 A7 currently. The 2019 feels like a worthy upgrade.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Our dealer has a 2019 A6 Sline. Nice car. The display for those with less than 14" fingers is not touch sensitive. Only the display in front of the shift is. Amazing car to say the least. The trunk seemed smaller than my 2001 but adequate for what I need. The lines are beautiful and it is only less than 2" shorter than the A8. The ventilated seats are amazing. I did not expect such an amazing massage. I'm tall and when I selected shoulders, it made it up to them. I am impressed. The voice activation is cloud based so one does not need to teach the car to learn your way of speaking commands. The 20" wheels are also metallic paint so that will go well with my Mythos black car which will be in port 15 December. Build completion is 15 Nov.

The customs problem has been rectified and cars are being shipped. Seems even though the same engine is in several models, it has to be certified in this model too. So Audi wasted a month y not having them certified earlier. All is good to go now however. I was impressed with the amount of room inside and between the driver and passenger.

Going to the Seattle car show Friday so will look at what the other Audi dealer will have on the floor. They will have the Etron there so that will be cool. Last year only basic Audi models were there to see. Very dishearten at that show. Hopefully, this year will be better models...
Old 11-08-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I couldn't disagree more. I prefer controllers and/or buttons/keys in cars. Even with my tablet, I have "accidentally" erased many important emails trying to get arthritic fingers to neatly swipe and pinch. Driving while dealing with a touch screen is almost as bad as trying to keep one clean and fingerprint-free.
I agree!! I actually like the feel of the buttons. esp when I driving I don't have to look at them to make sure I have the right thing.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I couldn't disagree more. I prefer controllers and/or buttons/keys in cars. Even with my tablet, I have "accidentally" erased many important emails trying to get arthritic fingers to neatly swipe and pinch. Driving while dealing with a touch screen is almost as bad as trying to keep one clean and fingerprint-free.
The reason Audi, BMW and Mercedes are moving to touchscreen is because people are asking for it. You are in the minority.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am considering the Q8 but haven't gotten a chance to see the new A6 or A7 in person (previously had an S7 that I loved). Any more details on why you thought the build quality was so much better than Q8?

Originally Posted by HSPG

Great rides! The turbo engine feels much more powerful than the supercharged V6. Ride is super smooth even with 20 s-line wheels and lowered suspension.

Interior feels larger compared to the current model especially the rear seats. I somehow don’t like the wood panels, either too dark or too brown.

Touch screens are very nice. The build quality is on par with the current model, much better than the Q8. But in one of the A7s I found a somewhat loose top screen that makes squeeze noise when pressing hard.

Look wise... it’s a great looking car. But any better than the current A7 or the new A6? Not so sure. I do like the bigger wheel well. Makes a difference to me.

I drive a 2016 A7 currently. The 2019 feels like a worthy upgrade.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

The whole touchscreen debate has gone through a few cycles. The first nav systems that I encountered (in the mid 2000s) used resistive touchscreens that required a firm touch and were located within arm's reach. After that, there was a movement away from touch screens that pushed the display screen further away and provided an alternate control mechanism (wheel, separate touchpad), and now everyone seems to be coming back to a touchscreen (capacitive this time, and trying to replicate a phone interface). I personally like a wheel for some things and touchscreen for others, so I like what BMW is doing in their new models. The wheel is a quick way to navigate the interface without having to look at it too much (click right and select during navigation to cancel navigation, for instance), but Carplay is a nightmare without a touchscreen.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So now that the A6's are arriving at dealers, has anyone tried to negotiate a price with the dealer? Are these going for MSRP due to low inventory?
Old 11-09-2018, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have negotiated a 6% + $1500 Audi loyalty discount.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way to track where your vechile is currently if you know the date it left the port?

Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?