2019 A6 Arrival? - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 A6 Arrival?

 
Old 10-08-2018, 02:39 PM
  #21  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
Default

I guess this will all be settled one way or the other in the next three weeks or so. If cars are showing up/deliveries being made then there was no “real” problem. If on the other hand people are being notified their deliveries are on hold or pushed back and there are no cars at dealers then we know a problem exists. Maybe best to just sit back and wait.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 02:49 PM
  #22  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,075
Default

A8's and Q8's were always the first ones slated to hit showrooms, followed by A6 and A7 about a month later.

I can't speak to what clients at dealers were or weren't told, but that's always what I've told my clients.

having a communicative dealer is essential, as it can make, or break the buying and ownership experience, regardless of the product or brand
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:13 AM
  #23  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Iowa
Posts: 864
Default

Just because cars are at port means nothing....they could be delayed for months (as we have seen previously this year on multiple models). Just because an order guide is out doesn't tell us jack-beans about when we could actually buy one. Anyone that says this is normal is just kidding themselves.

My dealer has told me they are expecting delays, and they will not be delivering cars at the promised dates to their customers. Cars like the Q8 haven't even passed US certification yet...you won't be seeing anything but a demo show up on time unless something dramatically changes. Remember A4s and RS5s that sat at port for over 2 months earlier this year? "At port" doesn't indicate a delivery time.

2019 models don't have pricing yet, and they expect customers to place orders for a 2019? They have no idea what the price is, or when they would ship. NO one knows when they will go on sale. THAT'S why they are not on the web site. It's all a mess.

2018 inventory at many dealerships has dwindled down to near-zero levels, and they are in need of new inventory. My dealer only has a supply of Q5 and Q7 models. The literally have no A4s left that are not retired loaner cars with miles. There are zero A3s or Q3s on the lot. 1 A6. No A8s or A7. 1 TT. A handful of A5s. The literally have nothing to sell unless you want a Q5 or Q7. Try and tell them they don't need 2019 cars!
farmerjones is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:35 AM
  #24  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,075
Default

Originally Posted by farmerjones View Post
Just because cars are at port means nothing....they could be delayed for months (as we have seen previously this year on multiple models). Just because an order guide is out doesn't tell us jack-beans about when we could actually buy one. Anyone that says this is normal is just kidding themselves.

My dealer has told me they are expecting delays, and they will not be delivering cars at the promised dates to their customers. Cars like the Q8 haven't even passed US certification yet...you won't be seeing anything but a demo show up on time unless something dramatically changes. Remember A4s and RS5s that sat at port for over 2 months earlier this year? "At port" doesn't indicate a delivery time.

2019 models don't have pricing yet, and they expect customers to place orders for a 2019? They have no idea what the price is, or when they would ship. NO one knows when they will go on sale. THAT'S why they are not on the web site. It's all a mess.

2018 inventory at many dealerships has dwindled down to near-zero levels, and they are in need of new inventory. My dealer only has a supply of Q5 and Q7 models. The literally have no A4s left that are not retired loaner cars with miles. There are zero A3s or Q3s on the lot. 1 A6. No A8s or A7. 1 TT. A handful of A5s. The literally have nothing to sell unless you want a Q5 or Q7. Try and tell them they don't need 2019 cars!
I don;t think anyone "expects" anyone to do anything. Plenty of people order cars without driving them, without getting pricing even. People who have money, and people of more modest (yet comfortable, given the product) means. Happens day in, and day out.

Sounds like your dealer might now know how to properly manage their inventory as well as they should. It happens, not the first time.

Why would they want any 18 A6's? 90% of them are on recall (I have ~16 or so that I can't do anything with.). Same with 18 A7, S6, S7. As you know, they hardly even make TT's, so of course no one is going to have many. I have 1. I wish I could get rid of it, but it's simply not a vehicle with much demand. I'm glad I don't have A8's. I bet your dealer is glad they don't either. I know I'm glad I don't. I haven't had an A8 since February, nor have I been 1. approached about one or 2. want one till the 19 arrives. If your dealer had a buyer for an '18 A8, they could get one.

A5s are out there, A4s are out there, A3s are out there, in abundance. If your dealer wanted one, or needed one, they can easily get them too. If they've sold out, didn't order or arrange trades to get more, that sounds like their own internal issues, and demand being strong. That's a good thing

Q8's will be here shortly. So will A8's. After that, A6's and A7's. All before year end, which, any smart dealer, would have advised their buyer of before an order was finalized..

I have no axe to grind one way or another, I just deal with this stuff day in and day out, on this specific brand. I don't have my hands in a million pots, or casually dip in to talk to people now and again. This brand is the only one I deal with. The sky is not falling.
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:50 AM
  #25  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
II have no axe to grind one way or another, I just deal with this stuff day in and day out, on this specific brand. I don't have my hands in a million pots, or casually dip in to talk to people now and again. This brand is the only one I deal with. The sky is not falling.
Probably would be good to get your opinion on this then. Currently the Order Guide (9/16 version), the Features List on audiusa.com and the Build on Audiusa.com are inconsistent with each other for some packages and options for at least the A6 and A7. Is there one that we should consider the ultimate source or is it just a case of things not quite being baked yet? Thanks.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 12:20 PM
  #26  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,075
Default

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy View Post
Probably would be good to get your opinion on this then. Currently the Order Guide (9/16 version), the Features List on audiusa.com and the Build on Audiusa.com are inconsistent with each other for some packages and options for at least the A6 and A7. Is there one that we should consider the ultimate source or is it just a case of things not quite being baked yet? Thanks.
That can happen...it gets annoying, I agree. Especially simple things, like showing pictures of the Euro car, and not the US one.

The order guide is the "bible" so to speak. It is subject to revisions, but that is the best source overall
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 12:25 PM
  #27  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
That can happen...it gets annoying, I agree. Especially simple things, like showing pictures of the Euro car, and not the US one.

The order guide is the "bible" so to speak. It is subject to revisions, but that is the best source overall
Okay, thanks. I was hoping that wasn't the case since the Model pages and feature lists say that the Adaptive Chassis/4 Wheel Steering will be available but the Order Guide and Build does not. On the other hand the Order Guide and Features list show Contour seats as available but the Build does not. Best case would be that each was right and wrong depending on what options I would like. LOL
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 12:41 PM
  #28  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 2,075
Default

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy View Post
Okay, thanks. I was hoping that wasn't the case since the Model pages and feature lists say that the Adaptive Chassis/4 Wheel Steering will be available but the Order Guide and Build does not. On the other hand the Order Guide and Features list show Contour seats as available but the Build does not. Best case would be that each was right and wrong depending on what options I would like. LOL


as Iíve been instructured so far, the A8 has those, but A6 and A7, at least at launch, do not
SCarGuy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 12:47 PM
  #29  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 123
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post


as I’ve been instructured so far, the A8 has those, but A6 and A7, at least at launch, do not
That was my understanding also and was pleasently surprised when they updated the web site for 2019 and the options were there. Maybe just need to hold off a bit for those.

Last edited by TheTurtleBoy; 10-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.
TheTurtleBoy is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 01:19 PM
  #30  
AudiWorld Super User
 
irenesbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,232
Default

Originally Posted by SCarGuy View Post
No, I don't find it odd at all. Audi (and many other higher end brands) will intentionally hold model year change cars, or new cars, until inventory on current model year cars dissipates. They run on a just in time inventory basis.....
None of the 4 Audi dealers near me has had any 2018 A6's to sell since back in June when I started looking for a new car. All their 2018 A6's were on sales stop/hold because of the airbag recall. Two of those dealers told me back in July they were hoping to get 2019's soon since they had nothing to sell in that class.

Last edited by irenesbob; 10-09-2018 at 01:22 PM.
irenesbob is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 A6 Arrival?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: