AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   2019 a6 panoramic roof noise (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/2019-a6-panoramic-roof-noise-2964956/)

Edbalz 01-03-2019 01:51 PM

2019 a6 panoramic roof noise

Just picked up 2019 a6 premium plus. Drove off with significant roof liner or panoramic sunroof creaking or rattle. Happens as soon as you back up and put car in motion. I had test driven different car a few weeks back that did the exact same thing. Salesman said he heard it in other a6s on lot as well. Has anyone had this issue and, if so, what was the resolution.

Wondering if if it was just the first lot of cars that arrived in my area early November. Next wave is arriving this week or next.

any info would be appreciated..

Allroading17 01-04-2019 03:24 AM

Audi's working on a TSB for the new C8 A6s with this noise. If you need help at the dealer, I have some past TAC cases they can reference for a vehicle with the same issue during a PDI.

Edbalz 01-04-2019 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25256820)
Audi's working on a TSB for the new C8 A6s with this noise. If you need help at the dealer, I have some past TAC cases they can reference for a vehicle with the same issue during a PDI.

thank you you can you send me that information? Do you know if they have a fix in the meantime?

Kris Hansen 01-04-2019 04:53 AM

You'd think by now Audi could make a sunroof that doesn't rattle or squeak. I've got $60 in special grease that I bought to fix this problem with my allroad, and it works, but I also found that if the glass panel isn't EXACTLY in the correct location (done by loosening the mounting screws, adjusting and re-torquing the screws) it will creak like a rusty old barn door.

If you can eliminate the noise by tilting the roof up even slightly, then it needs to be adjusted.

Allroading17 01-04-2019 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Edbalz
thank you you can you send me that information? Do you know if they have a fix in the meantime?

Bring it to the dealer and make sure they hear it. The launch models are on a TAC hold which they have to reach out to for any repairs and diagnostic.

Edbalz 01-04-2019 03:06 PM

What is a tac hold?

gk1 01-04-2019 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen (Post 25256855)
You'd think by now Audi could make a sunroof that doesn't rattle or squeak. I've got $60 in special grease that I bought to fix this problem with my allroad, and it works, but I also found that if the glass panel isn't EXACTLY in the correct location (done by loosening the mounting screws, adjusting and re-torquing the screws) it will creak like a rusty old barn door.

If you can eliminate the noise by tilting the roof up even slightly, then it needs to be adjusted.

This! Definitely! I mean jeez I had sunroof problems back to my B5 in 2001 and the pano on my 2014 SQ5 needs the special grease as well. I thought by now they'd get it right. Guess not.

Doug2.7 01-05-2019 12:36 PM

My sunroof works great, no noise... The dealer needs to adjust yours to minimize noise and rattle

Xgate 01-11-2019 03:44 PM

Any update on the creaking?

Originally Posted by Edbalz (Post 25256606)
Just picked up 2019 a6 premium plus. Drove off with significant roof liner or panoramic sunroof creaking or rattle. Happens as soon as you back up and put car in motion. I had test driven different car a few weeks back that did the exact same thing. Salesman said he heard it in other a6s on lot as well. Has anyone had this issue and, if so, what was the resolution.

Wondering if if it was just the first lot of cars that arrived in my area early November. Next wave is arriving this week or next.

any info would be appreciated..

Does anyone have an update on this? I’m about to trade in my 2018 a5 sportback because of significant noise issues and was thinking about the 2019 A6. One of the problems they have been unable to sort out with the A5 is the panoramic sunroof creaking, and I definitely don’t want it on another car...

Chachi925 01-11-2019 07:24 PM

I've had no issues or noise from the sunroof. It's by far the quietest car I've owned.