A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 a6 panoramic roof noise

 
Old 02-13-2019, 05:43 PM
  #21  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10
Default

Hi. Car went in on Monday am. Itís still there and I have not heard anything. It was in for another issue as well. I did confirm with my foreman that the top down approach was what he was told to do using felt tape and removing the glass. Keep you posted.
Edbalz is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 06:15 PM
  #22  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Edbalz View Post
Hi. Car went in on Monday am. Itís still there and I have not heard anything. It was in for another issue as well. I did confirm with my foreman that the top down approach was what he was told to do using felt tape and removing the glass. Keep you posted.
Excellent that your foreman also confirmed top-down. Just dropped off my car as well today. FWIW, they gave me a loaner A6 which the foreman also fixed the moonroof noise (apparently, this guy had to do 4-5 new A6s they received off truck that all exhibiting same noise). This loaner was whisper quiet.. even while going up my rather steep driveway curb. So I am hopeful. Please keep me informed and good luck.
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 PM
  #23  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Edbalz View Post
Hi. Car went in on Monday am. Itís still there and I have not heard anything. It was in for another issue as well. I did confirm with my foreman that the top down approach was what he was told to do using felt tape and removing the glass. Keep you posted.
So got car back today. Noise is almost all gone. Driving over bumps and dips during turns exhibits NO noise at alló which was my primary issue. So glad this was resolved. There was however still a slight noise while turning on driveways with steep incline, but nothing like before. Would say reduced this noise about 85%, which I can live with. Not going pursue it any further unless noise comes back worse. I do have the work invoice if anyone wants to see. Good luck.
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 03:59 PM
  #24  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 10
Default

Finally got car back since there were 3 separate tac cases to deal with. Drove about 10 miles home. Various road conditions. 36 degrees. All roof noise so far is gone. Will continue to monitor. Top down approach felt insulation applied to rear areas of roof frame and liner.
Edbalz is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 05:52 PM
  #25  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Edbalz View Post
Finally got car back since there were 3 separate tac cases to deal with. Drove about 10 miles home. Various road conditions. 36 degrees. All roof noise so far is gone. Will continue to monitor. Top down approach felt insulation applied to rear areas of roof frame and liner.
Very good to hear results are good for you so far. Please keep me updated. Mine still acting out slightlyó but only on turns.. Sounds more isolated to top of side B pillars, but tolerable for now.
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 08:16 PM
  #26  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

NOISE FINALLY SOLVED FOR GOOD— After nearly 6 weeks from felt taping sunroof assembly, noise starting coming back on turns and inclines. Brought back and foreman replaced entire sunroof assembly. Took over a week to get it shipped from Germany, and was huge job bc the 2019 models require cutting out seal on front roof line (apparently unlike the other A6s, the front part of roof of the C8 is an entire glass piece). Anyways, got new sunroof installed and noise is completely gone. Car cabin is whisper quiet across all turns and all inclined angles. Just wanted to let you guys know , in case anyone else is bothered by persistent roof noise.
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
  #27  
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Okcgerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 4
Default

Longtime lurker, first-time poster....
i am taking my A6 into of Audi of Oklahoma City tomorrow for this very issue...
Okcgerry is offline  
Old 04-28-2019, 05:51 PM
  #28  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Okcgerry View Post
Longtime lurker, first-time poster....
i am taking my A6 into of Audi of Oklahoma City tomorrow for this very issue...
Good luck. Iíve also heard from shop foreman that there will be a new TSB coming out about these sunroof noise issue, where they will be instructed to install these spacers in between the sunroof assembly and substrate. Apparently lots of complaints from the A7s and A6s.
ONI1013 is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 AM
  #29  
AudiWorld Newcomer
 
Okcgerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 4
Default

My local dealer used the felt tape approach (had to drop the headliner and replace one of the fasteners). Noise is 75% gone, but I still get a creaking glass turning onto an incline (like turning into my driveway). Dealer is telling my that the felt tape approach is the only direction they have from Audi, but I’m making an appointment to take it back in.
I also have an issue where the break pedal is very move (zero movement) upon starting. Pressing the start button turns on the accessories, but a 2nd press with the brake pedal mashed down is required for the engine to turn over. The frequency of that happening is increasing...
Okcgerry is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 08:47 PM
  #30  
AudiWorld Member
 
ONI1013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Posts: 85
Default

Originally Posted by Okcgerry View Post
My local dealer used the felt tape approach (had to drop the headliner and replace one of the fasteners). Noise is 75% gone, but I still get a creaking glass turning onto an incline (like turning into my driveway). Dealer is telling my that the felt tape approach is the only direction they have from Audi, but Iím making an appointment to take it back in.
The actual new TSB about the spacers has not been released yet, so most Audi dealers may not have heard anything about this yet. Probably in another several months. The foreman only discovered this during an official Audi training seminar about E-trons.

Originally Posted by Okcgerry View Post
I also have an issue where the break pedal is very move (zero movement) upon starting. Pressing the start button turns on the accessories, but a 2nd press with the brake pedal mashed down is required for the engine to turn over. The frequency of that happening is increasing...
Thereís an earlier post from someone on this thread who also got this problem fixed.
ONI1013 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 a6 panoramic roof noise


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: