A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

2019 Prestige - New or CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Prestige - New or CPO?

This forum is a great source for all things C8!

I've been patient so far...but I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on 2019 A6 Prestige.

I was thinking new as I have always bought new in the past, but clicking around I'm starting to see several CPO 2019 Prestige - loaded, low mileage and priced significantly lower than new.

MSRPs $75K+ | Mileage <6K | Listed <$60K | First Title 6-8 months ago

Now I'm thinking about staying patient as I would think more of these cars should become available over the next few months.

This would be my first Audi. Any advice/comments on Audi CPO is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-14-2019, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I have purchased 4 VW's and 3 Audis. 1 VW and 1 Audi were CPO, the others new. I didn't have any problems with the CPO cars but if I did it again I would demand written assurance from the dealer that the car had not been tuned, that it was not TD1 and that that the warranty was valid.

A lot of guys think nothing of turning in a tuned leased car at the end of their lease. Wonder what the dealers do with them? What happens to the warranties if the fact that the car had been tuned comes up down the road when there is a warranty problem?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CFLQTRO
I have purchased 4 VW's and 3 Audis. 1 VW and 1 Audi were CPO, the others new. I didn't have any problems with the CPO cars but if I did it again I would demand written assurance from the dealer that the car had not been tuned, that it was not TD1 and that that the warranty was valid.

A lot of guys think nothing of turning in a tuned leased car at the end of their lease. Wonder what the dealers do with them? What happens to the warranties if the fact that the car had been tuned comes up down the road when there is a warranty problem?
Those are good points. I would think that the CPO process would cover you, and that they would hook up the diagnostics as part of the CPO process. Either way though, if something happens down the road how do you prove that you are not the one who added the tune?

i would not see the need to get it in writing as long as you have them run full diagnostics and they don’t find anything. If they don’t find it now, they won’t find it if you have a warranty claim, right?

Either way, it’s always good to get advice like this, so I appreciate it. I’ve owned about 70 four wheel vehicles and have never in my life bought a used car. I retired six months ago and in that time have put less than 2,500 miles on my 540 BMW (I have put about 20,000 on my motorcycles). Given my low miles and the fact that I won’t know if I’ve saved enough money until I either run out or am on my death bed, I’m contemplating going CPO. More money for motorcycles while I can still ride
Old 07-31-2019, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steveroller
MSRPs $75K+ | Mileage <6K | Listed <$60K | First Title 6-8 months ago

This would be my first Audi. Any advice/comments on Audi CPO is greatly appreciated!

I just picked up a Glacier White 2019 A6 Prestige CPO with 4300 miles. MSRP +$74k. It was a loaner vehicle. $55800 purchase price, plus tax tag fees. It's my favorite car yet.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congrats on the 'new' A6! With such low mileage, the multi-point inspection and the extra warranty - seems like an excellent deal! I'm hoping to find something similar.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I bought a CPO 2019 A6 today with 7k miles and I got it for 57k drive out (taxes in my state are 6.25% on vehicles). Car is in mint condition and has the 5 year unlimited mile warranty. Definitely think it's worth it over buying it brand new. You save money and get a longer warranty. Only advantage with new is your get to build the car you want.
The following users liked this post:
Slobodan Spasojevic (08-07-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Lots of good points can be made either way

There aren’t a lot of Prestige models, and the bulk now on the preowned side are cars that were put in loaner service for 6 mos then pulled and cpo’d and sold. But Audi is not requesting tons of A6 loaners now, so there isn’t likely going to be some deluge of more available inventory in the near future.

On new ones incentives remain very strong and inventory selection is pretty solid
Old 08-30-2019, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I too was looking for a 2019 A6 Prestige CPO. Found one in Charlotte with the exact color scheme I wanted. When I told the local dealer in ATL they sourced a brand new one for $600 higher than the CPO. Decision easy, just picked up my new A6 without a 3 hour drive to Charlotte!
Old 09-22-2019, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Being patient was difficult, and I probably spent 80 hours searching nationwide but it worked out well as I just picked up a 2019 Daytona Grey Pearl A6 Prestige CPO with 1,200 miles, 46 months of original warranty, and some prepaid service attached to the VIN for 22% off MSRP. Car is beautiful and in mint condition.

Dealer was excellent to work with by phone, text and email - even sent an Uber to the airport to pick me up. 60 minutes of paperwork and I was out the door to start the 9 hour drive home from Atlanta. It's such a beautiful car that I spent the night in TN not wanting to get bugs all over it by driving at night !

I really enjoyed the drive home as there are plenty of features to keep you occupied in an A6 on a 9 hour drive. It's surprisingly quick and so quiet - I looked down a couple of times to see I was effortlessly going 90 MPH. Heads up and cruise fixed that problem!

Great car!!
Old 09-27-2019, 12:41 PM
JaQ
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steveroller
Being patient was difficult, and I probably spent 80 hours searching nationwide but it worked out well as I just picked up a 2019 Daytona Grey Pearl A6 Prestige CPO with 1,200 miles, 46 months of original warranty, and some prepaid service attached to the VIN for 22% off MSRP. Car is beautiful and in mint condition.

Dealer was excellent to work with by phone, text and email - even sent an Uber to the airport to pick me up. 60 minutes of paperwork and I was out the door to start the 9 hour drive home from Atlanta. It's such a beautiful car that I spent the night in TN not wanting to get bugs all over it by driving at night !

I really enjoyed the drive home as there are plenty of features to keep you occupied in an A6 on a 9 hour drive. It's surprisingly quick and so quiet - I looked down a couple of times to see I was effortlessly going 90 MPH. Heads up and cruise fixed that problem!

Great car!!
Congratulations! What was the MSRP? I will be in the market for the same car in January once my current lease expires.

Quick Reply: 2019 Prestige - New or CPO?