A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Audi Dashcam for A6 2019

 
Old 03-12-2019, 11:10 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: US
Posts: 2
Default Audi Dashcam for A6 2019

Hi everyone,
Is there anyway to utilize Audi's camera as a dash cam?
If not, any recommendation for the A6 2019?

Thanks,
Will
ldp777 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 03:45 PM
  #2  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,228
Default

Originally Posted by ldp777 View Post
Hi everyone,
Is there anyway to utilize Audi's camera as a dash cam?
If not, any recommendation for the A6 2019?

Thanks,
Will
As we have to assume where you live then why didnít you buy the Audi front and rear system when you bought the car?
DB22 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 04:28 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: US
Posts: 2
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

As we have to assume where you live then why didnít you buy the Audi front and rear system when you bought the car?
I live in Washington, US. I didn't see the options to buy the Audi camera system when I was purchasing the car.
ldp777 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 05:20 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 177
Default

Tesla can. Hope other manufactures follow suit soon.
Verybumpy is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 01:02 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 977
Default

Probably not for Audi or other German manufacturers, as in Germany dash cams are illegal (hang over from the pre-reunification days) so they are unlikely to make the necessary investments
John Simcox is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,228
Default

Originally Posted by ldp777 View Post
I live in Washington, US. I didn't see the options to buy the Audi camera system when I was purchasing the car.
Post your location under your logon name.
Audi offers the front and rear camera universal traffic recorder in the UK but Not in the USA. Yet another example of the US getting screwed on the options.
DB22 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 977
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

Post your location under your logon name.
Audi offers the front and rear camera universal traffic recorder in the UK but Not in the USA. Yet another example of the US getting screwed on the options.
It is an aftermarket item offered by the dealer so no reason that either Audi USA could not do the same or you could buy one from the UK and install it. However may be a case of being careful what you wish for based on this series of posts https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ashcam.378844/

John Simcox is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,228
Default

Originally Posted by John Simcox View Post
It is an aftermarket item offered by the dealer so no reason that either Audi USA could not do the same or you could buy one from the UK and install it. However may be a case of being careful what you wish for based on this series of posts https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...ashcam.378844/
Thatís a shame. As the OP asked, utilization of the existing cameras would not be rocket science but Audi is not that innovative.
DB22 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
tigerhonaker
Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII
136
05-24-2019 11:39 AM
RJC 1
Q7 MKII Discussion
94
04-01-2019 03:27 PM
carfuffle
A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion
22
03-06-2019 11:00 AM
RJC 1
Q7 MKII Discussion
36
02-10-2019 06:38 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Dashcam for A6 2019


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: