A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

C8 A6 quirks

Old 03-09-2019, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default C8 A6 quirks

Hello,

hello,

now that I've has my new A6 for two weeks, I'm still trying to figure lout a couple of items that I hope y'all can help me with.

1.) how do I extend the the on time for the headlights when I park the car at night. They turn off before I even leave the car.
2.) can the lights welcome me (illuminate at night) as I approach, before I touch the handles?
3.) can I drop the rear shade when I put the car in reverse?

thanks,

Hank
Old 03-10-2019, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HankJ View Post
Hello,

hello,

now that I've has my new A6 for two weeks, I'm still trying to figure lout a couple of items that I hope y'all can help me with.

1.) how do I extend the the on time for the headlights when I park the car at night. They turn off before I even leave the car.
2.) can the lights welcome me (illuminate at night) as I approach, before I touch the handles?

thanks,

Hank
1.) extending the on time is not available to us mortals yet... when we find the code to get into the MMI, we can then make those changes. You can ask Audi service to access.
2.) yes, but you need to use the unlock on the key fob. the proximity function is not close just walking close. The door handles have a sensor you need to cover with your hand to lock and turn off lights which will stay on only 30 seconds. If you keep the lock button pushed, the lights stay on 30 seconds. I've hit the trunk release when at the front of the car and the lights stay on 45 seconds based on my timing them.
3.) You should be able to lower and raise the rear shade anytime. If you can't, bring it to the dealer. At least mine works anytime I hit the button...
Old 03-10-2019, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HankJ View Post
Hello,

hello,

thanks,

Hank
Assuming you have US model:

1) My exterior lights turns off about 30 seconds after turning off car. And there’s no settings to adjust that from the consumer perspective— at least none that I saw.
2) As others indicated, you can use the key fob as you approach, but the proximity sensors do not light up the exterior lights automatically as you approach. Shame really— bc I love that feature in other cars. Lexus has the “puddle lights” which is nice as you approach car. But maybe it’s a safety decision from Audi.
3) No the rear power shade doesn’t automatically go down as you put car in reverse. I know the Lexus has that feature.

Hope this helps.