AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   Cargo Space (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/cargo-space-2959770/)

TheTurtleBoy 09-28-2018 06:25 PM

Cargo Space

In all of of the press reviews I read and now on cars.com, the cargo space for the 2019 A6 is listed at 18.7 cubic feet. Audiusa.com has updated the A6 page to have the information on the 2019 and unfortunately the cargo space is listed as 13.7 cubic feet. Could it be the European model has a bigger trunk/no spare? Anybody have any other sources that can confirm what the space will be? I'm really hoping that the outside sources are correct and Audi is wrong, probably wishful thinking though.

AdamNJ 09-28-2018 08:04 PM

No clue, but according to this: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/audi/a6/interior
the 2018 had 14.1, so I would expect 13.7 is more likely for 2019

Cargo
The A6 has a 14.1-cubic-foot trunk, which is average for a luxury midsize car.

AdamNJ 09-28-2018 08:11 PM

I can't imagine that physically the dimensions would be any different on the European model. One possibility though on the differing numbers might be that the US version is coming with the "space saving spare tire" and from the youtube videos I saw where they showed the trunk, the European ones did not have the spare and instead had the fix a flat. Maybe that space was part of the calculation?

SCarGuy 09-29-2018 05:34 AM

rear seats folded vs upright?

TheTurtleBoy 09-29-2018 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by SCarGuy (Post 25217322)
rear seats folded vs upright?

No, I don't think that is it as it shows folded as an NA number on the we site. Unfortunately I think it is that there is no spare in the European model and since that is what was used at the press drive they got the figure from that. Oh well, at least it is supposed to be reconfigured a little to be more usable then the current model was.

Doug2.7 10-05-2018 10:30 PM

If you order the B & O sound system, the space saver spare is gone and replaced with the subwoofer, a 12V air compressor and a can of fix a flat... I doubt that area is used in calculations for trunk space since either the spare or subwoofer are in there...

TheTurtleBoy 10-06-2018 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Doug2.7 (Post 25220448)
If you order the B & O sound system, the space saver spare is gone and replaced with the subwoofer, a 12V air compressor and a can of fix a flat... I doubt that area is used in calculations for trunk space since either the spare or subwoofer are in there...

That is what I was hoping but I just find it hard to believe that Audi has it wrong on two places, found another, on their site. Guess we will see once they are out and specs updated.

TheTurtleBoy 10-06-2018 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Doug2.7 (Post 25220448)
I doubt that area is used in calculations for trunk space since either the spare or subwoofer are in there...

Did a little more digging and it looks like it probably is the spare space being used in the calculations for the 18.7 cf that we have seen in the press. I went to the German Audi site and the cargo space is listed as 530 liters which would be 18.7 cubic feet. It also shows on their standard feature list that there is no spare tire but rather a tire repair kit. My guess is that since the European models were used for the press drive, those were the specs given to the reporters and what was reported. They say is has been reconfigured to art least hold a few golf bags lengthwise so all may be well with it.

Doug2.7 10-08-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by TheTurtleBoy (Post 25220709)
Did a little more digging and it looks like it probably is the spare space being used in the calculations for the 18.7 cf that we have seen in the press. I went to the German Audi site and the cargo space is listed as 530 liters which would be 18.7 cubic feet. It also shows on their standard feature list that there is no spare tire but rather a tire repair kit. My guess is that since the European models were used for the press drive, those were the specs given to the reporters and what was reported. They say is has been reconfigured to art least hold a few golf bags lengthwise so all may be well with it.

Thank you for tracking that down...The 2019 is not that much different size wise than the 2018... So I would be surprised had it been much smaller than previous models...

irenesbob 10-09-2018 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Doug2.7 (Post 25221335)
Thank you for tracking that down...The 2019 is not that much different size wise than the 2018... So I would be surprised had it been much smaller than previous models...

I hope you are right, but you never know with Audi. It always seemed odd to me that for years the A8 had a smaller trunk than the A6. Not sure about current/latest versions of these, however.