A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 produced from 2018

Dashboard noise/clicks

Old 05-03-2019, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-04-2019, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jerry Meng View Post

Yeah my lower touchscreen also had issues. They had to order me one from Germany to replace. Took 10 days to get deleted creed to California, US. Good as new now.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Surround causing rattle

Found out that my rattle was coming from the silver surround attached to the virtual cockpit display. Dealer stripped the dash and put in extra padding. No more rattles for the time being. Few pics of car attached
Old 05-11-2019, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RobGO View Post

Surround causing rattle

Found out that my rattle was coming from the silver surround attached to the virtual cockpit display. Dealer stripped the dash and put in extra padding. No more rattles for the time being. Few pics of car attached
Very nice. Iíve noticed a slight vibration (only on occasion) at this spot too. Thought it was in the steering column somewhere, bc the silver trim felt fairly solid to the touch. Will have to check it out again. Was this an easy trim to remove?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Dealer said that it was a bit of a job to remove most of the top of the dash to get at the problem, lots of clips etc, but fingers crossed it seems to have worked.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Dealer said that it was a bit of a job to remove most of the top of the dash to get at the problem, lots of clips etc, but fingers crossed it seems to have worked.
Oh Ok. Thought it would be much easier just getting at it directly from the front. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I would have thought that too, but seemingly they had to get in behind it. Still get the off creek. I have seen on other forums itís not just the A6, the new A7 has similar issues.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Coming from many years of being a Lexus owner where there are no rattles and clicks in the dashboard, headliners, etc, this is our first Audi. Is it common to have this much noise and rattling in previous Audi’s?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ONI1013 View Post
Coming from many years of being a Lexus owner where there are no rattles and clicks in the dashboard, headliners, etc, this is our first Audi. Is it common to have this much noise and rattling in previous Audi’s?
Never had any issues with previous models, had two A6 C7’s and never a sweek, creak or rattle. Although the main rattle has gone, I am still hearing some other rattles. Latest is coming from panel to the right of glove box ( RHD model). At this stage I’m becoming oblivious to them. I had a BMW G31 touring before this, and while the Avant is a nicer drive (probably down to variable dampers), the BMW was rock solid. I’m also not convinced by the dual touch screens, definitely a distraction poking at the screens. I also think that the voice recognition in the BMW was far superior. Memory seats also seem to suffer from Amnesia, and if I could switch off the lane departure permanently I would. Apart from that I’m very happy ��
Old 05-16-2019, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Never had any issues with previous models, had two A6 C7’s and never a sweek, creak or rattle. Although the main rattle has gone, I am still hearing some other rattles. Latest is coming from panel to the right of glove box ( RHD model). At this stage I’m becoming oblivious to them. I had a BMW G31 touring before this, and while the Avant is a nicer drive (probably down to variable dampers), the BMW was rock solid. I’m also not convinced by the dual touch screens, definitely a distraction poking at the screens.
That’s good to know about Audi. Maybe I was just unlucky with this one I picked up. I’ll definitely be checking out my next lease more thoroughly in 3 years. Exact reason I got lease instead of purchasing. But I do like the dual touch screens— just takes more getting used to. And it looks like Audi is moving in that direction with all their models except the RS’.

Last edited by ONI1013; 05-22-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dashboard noise/clicks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: