AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A6 (C8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/)
-   -   Lots of 2018 C7 A6's for sale (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-c8-platform-discussion-229/lots-2018-c7-a6s-sale-2963052/)

irenesbob 11-26-2018 02:53 PM

Lots of 2018 C7 A6's for sale

For months all the 2018 A6's near me were on sales hold. That was the main reason I leased a 2018 A4 when the lease was up on my 2016 A6.
I see on their websites that the 2 Audi dealers near me have 39 and 53 2018 A6's for sale - a total of 92. I guess they were all fixed in terms of the airbag recall and then released at once. I am happy with my A4, but sort of wish I could switch to a 2018 A6 now without losing my shirt. The 2019 A6's are all 6-cylionder and much too expensive for

gk1 11-27-2018 06:01 AM

Same for my dealer. 2018's now show on their inventory page and they sent out an email to prospective buyers. However when I contacted them regarding any special incentives on '18's since they have had '19's on the lot for about a month they said the '18's were still at the port in Houston and they were waiting for more information but hopefully they would be getting them soon.
In your case I have a feeling the 2018 2.0T will sell like hotcakes since as you stated the '19's are all 3.0T currently. I think the best incentives will be on the 2018 3.0T and S6.

SCarGuy 11-27-2018 09:35 AM

inventory on a site is not indicative of stock available in stock or for sale
most of those cars will be at port - you're still a bit of a wait away on those hitting dealers

that being said, many dealers do have cars on hand, but, they have (at least for us, and we are not a huge volume store) been selling briskly

incentives are the same for 2.0 and 3.0, and the same for the A7. Incentives increase for S6 and S7, but supply is even more limited

hansinla 12-23-2018 07:42 PM

Just picked up a 2018 A6 Premium Plus with Driver's Assistance package. very happy with the car.

DB22 12-28-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by hansinla (Post 25252477)
Just picked up a 2018 A6 Premium Plus with Driver's Assistance package. very happy with the car.

Was that in the USA or is it over a year old in the EU? Try posting your location under your logon name to eliminate any future ambiguous posts.

hansinla 12-28-2018 04:16 PM

SoCal

Diogenes 01-21-2019 12:20 PM

Do you have any idea about the pricing on these "born again" 2018 A6's. The 2.0 is very attractive to me since it won't be available on the 2019s for a while.

farmerjones 01-21-2019 07:23 PM

I always find it interesting people want to buy a "last generation" car as a leftover. The new A6 has such a high level of new engineering and features I can't imagine spending so much money on an "old" model. From a future resale value standpoint, these 2018s with be worth notably less money and in far less demand than the 2019s, meaning most of the savings on the old cars in discounts will be lost in diminished resale value in the future. I guess I'm maybe not in the majority, but I can't imagine spending this much money on a car that was engineered like 10 years ago. I get some people don't like the new touchscreens, and they currently cost more with the configurations available, but still....financially these cars don't make a lot of sense in the long term.

SYMAWD 01-21-2019 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25265133)
I always find it interesting people want to buy a "last generation" car as a leftover. The new A6 has such a high level of new engineering and features I can't imagine spending so much money on an "old" model. From a future resale value standpoint, these 2018s with be worth notably less money and in far less demand than the 2019s, meaning most of the savings on the old cars in discounts will be lost in diminished resale value in the future. I guess I'm maybe not in the majority, but I can't imagine spending this much money on a car that was engineered like 10 years ago. I get some people don't like the new touchscreens, and they currently cost more with the configurations available, but still....financially these cars don't make a lot of sense in the long term.

The resale is pretty bad like you said, but the large upfront discount makes for a good lease price which is the majority of new Audi sales.

KevinGary 01-22-2019 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by farmerjones (Post 25265133)

plus 1